Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: 10-25 AA

[ QUOTE ]
why put yourself in this position? lead out. when you c/r on this board you will make a lot of worse hands fold and lose value and ensure tha tyou get stacked by the set that could very easily be out there. you trap $500 in the middle instead of stacking someone, and don't save money when behind

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure I agree with this....the preflop pot is so big and there are so many players and he's OOP, if Diablo thinks he's ahead, a checkraise is fine - that pot size will often commit a good King no matter what and it protects the pot.....BUT, being first to act, a bet is just throwing money away if there's gonna be a lot of action on the flop anyway....I think the hand was played fine and the main (only) problem came down to the fact that D had no read of the opponents in question.....keep in mind, had Diablo led out, he might not've trapped BOTH guys with the Kings - the way he played it he did, but he just didn't follow through with the call (because of lack of read) which I'm sure many times he WILL (when he has the read) and win a big pot....
Old 11-13-2005, 11:23 PM

Too many preflop callers for too little money for me, even on UB. I instafold.

Edit: Just read through, saw the results. I still instafold.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:23 PM

'but he just didn't follow through with the call (because of lack of read) which I'm sure many times he WILL (when he has the read) and win a big pot.... '

this really doesn't seem like a great spot to be building big pots on the flop
Old 11-14-2005, 12:44 AM

El D, who was the "next guy?" do you remember?
Old 11-14-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
El D, who was the "next guy?" do you remember?

[/ QUOTE ]

htownbenz - never seen him before.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:16 AM

Huge over bet. He is spending 3000 to buy 510. I would call almost instantly. Smells like a draw or a weak kicker. If he really had trips he would probably slow play them to get value unless there was a flush draw, but you didn't say if there was.

I'm sorry I didn't read the post correctly. My mistake. My decision stays the same.

He was making an isolation bet here. Now if he had a crazy strength hand he should have just called hoping for you to call. Instead he raises all-in to push you out. Still showing a big hand but not the best possible hand.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Huge over bet. He is spending 3000 to buy 510. I would call almost instantly. Smells like a draw or a weak kicker. If he really had trips he would probably slow play them to get value unless there was a flush draw, but you didn't say if there was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-14-2005, 02:24 AM

Uve made 2 posts, and ive puked twice in the past 20 mins, coincidence? I think not.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uve made 2 posts, and ive puked twice in the past 20 mins, coincidence? I think not.

[/ QUOTE ]
don't let the gimmick account piss you off..that's what he wants you to do [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I would instacall in this spot because party donks i'm used to never fast play sets espeically on such dry flops, but UB is a different story i guess
Old 11-14-2005, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I folded. Dirty had AK. All-in had K7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo, is UB really that soft, or is this just an isolated example?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) If this were standard or easy, do you think I would have folded?

2) The games are imo much, much tougher than Party games. I have played a little Party 10/20 and sweated a few friends for a good number of sessions. I find hand-reading far, far easier in the Party game and people often make the kinds of mistakes that make it really easy to make big money. That is generally playing too passive and straightforward and calling too much. On UB, the "mistakes" people make often put you to really tough decisions and generally make things really hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

the short handed party 2k games sound a lot like this UB game, while the full ring is a different story.