Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: 10-25 AA

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I folded. Dirty had AK. All-in had K7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo, is UB really that soft, or is this just an isolated example?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) If this were standard or easy, do you think I would have folded?

2) The games are imo much, much tougher than Party games. I have played a little Party 10/20 and sweated a few friends for a good number of sessions. I find hand-reading far, far easier in the Party game and people often make the kinds of mistakes that make it really easy to make big money. That is generally playing too passive and straightforward and calling too much. On UB, the "mistakes" people make often put you to really tough decisions and generally make things really hard.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:44 PM

Interesting. Based on your read of the player with AK as being solid, I was sure you had him beat but I would have put the K7 guy on a set or two pair. As other posters have noted, though, two pair or a set would not likely play it that fast.

I guess I would agree that the K7 aggression does make this harder than the rockish Party games....
Old 11-13-2005, 09:59 PM

someone hit a King and the other, god know what he has. I don't think often enough he's going to have a set so I overcall in this spot after thinking about it for a while.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:02 PM

having never played 10-25 NL, i call with AA [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2005, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CCCCCCCCCCC..[stupid dumb ass crap deleted]...LLLLLLLLLLLLLL

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be a dumbfuck... this nonsense makes the thread difficult for others to read.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:11 PM

My first intsinct (before reading the results) was to call. Why would a set play their hand this fast on this board. It would almost be scarier if the unknown player coldcalled the initial bet. That looks more like a set line. The fact that the reraiser in this hand is an unknown is another factor pushing me towards a call i think. Unknown players, on average, don't play as well as everyday regulars...Simple fact.

I'm sure this is a very close to EV neutral decision though (which is why El D. posted it). But when i have a decision which i think is close to EV neutral, i always like seeing a showdown (or taking the aggressive approach)....
Old 11-13-2005, 10:18 PM

Anyone who thinks this hand is somehow standard or easy should stick to checkers.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting. Based on your read of the player with AK as being solid, I was sure you had him beat

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you so sure? Why don't you think he has 22 or 44?
Old 11-13-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My first intsinct (before reading the results) was to call. Why would a set play their hand this fast on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, small sets will often jam on the flop when they put their opponents on top pair or overpairs. I think raising to 1500 is probably more standard than pushing, but there are a lot of tricky guys in this game who will push w/ sets in spots like this precisely to get KQ/AK/AA to call.

[ QUOTE ]
It would almost be scarier if the unknown player coldcalled the initial bet. That looks more like a set line.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I mentioned, many regulars are aware of this and will adjust their set play accordingly. I had no idea about this particular guy. The stanard unknown idiot play w/ a set is to minraise.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:32 PM

why put yourself in this position? lead out. when you c/r on this board you will make a lot of worse hands fold and lose value and ensure tha tyou get stacked by the set that could very easily be out there. you trap $500 in the middle instead of stacking someone, and don't save money when behind