Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-30-2005, 04:56 PM

Default PokerStars 3000FPP EPT Qualifer...

Just curious if anyone has ever played in one of these and if its even worth playing where only the top two get the trip, other prizes I don't think even exist. Somebody I know qualified for one recently and was wondering what the skill was like and if its even remotely worth playing. I figured I'd find somebody in this forum who has ventured in and get some opinions.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: PokerStars 3000FPP EPT Qualifer...

I played in a 6000FPP one to monte carlo, they're fun and play pretty deep because of the 30 minute levels, just take more coin flips than normal because about 1:150 get the trip.
~Justin
Old 12-30-2005, 05:47 PM

this is how i went to Dublin. The competition was poor, as can be expected in a tournament that only pays the top two, and whos buyin wasn't real money. I had my friend take over halfway through, so i can't say if it was bad players the whole time, but for the half i played, play was pretty bad.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:53 PM

b/c of the payout structure, i used my 3000 points i won back in the WCOOP to play satellites to the Sunday $215. i snagged a seat and used the tourney dollars to play SNGs.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:13 PM

It's worth it. I played in one last week and trying to qualify this week as well.. The 30 minute levels are nice, and the competition is really soft. There's usually like 170-200 people playing for 2 seats, but this is deceiving, you have better odds because it will get down to like 100 people pretty quick, and you can wait for hands..

Las week I sat out for at least 2 hours (Family stuff) and still managed 14th.. only adjustment you have to make is to play to win, I was much more willing to go bust on a semi-made/questionable hand if it meant I doubled up.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:30 PM

If you were in the top three chip positions when the tournament ended due to the final 13 being reached and sent to the main 3000 qualifer, does that mean you know how to play cards or can any donkey qualify for the 3000?

I guess my question is, should you pat yourself on the back for "qualifying" out of round 1?
Old 12-30-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...I was much more willing to go bust on a semi-made/questionable hand if it meant I doubled up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested what hands you include in this range. I assume that "made hands" include most pocket pairs (AA through TT). Are medium pp's and baby pp's considered made.

Is semi-made AK/AQ? And questionable hands suited connectors? (JTs, QJs, 56s, etc)

Sorry to hijack, just curious.

John