Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Biggest Reasons Kerry Lost in 2004

I think his confusion was from your use of the term congress to refer to the house only (specifically excluding the senate.) "Congress" is the term used for the house and the senate.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bush won Florida fairly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the Right Wing Noise Machine is loud, but this is simply untrue.

Any standard that counted all votes where the voter's intent was clear had Gore winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only does the left know what is best for me, they also know what my intent was when I voted. How in the hell do you (or anybody else for that matter) "know" what someone intended to do when they went into the voting machine? The left is more arrogant than I thought.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not only does the left know what is best for me, they also know what my intent was when I voted. How in the hell do you (or anybody else for that matter) "know" what someone intended to do when they went into the voting machine? The left is more arrogant than I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

eg only 'gore' selected but there was only a dimple in the paper or a hanging chad.

i'm not talking esp here fella
Old 09-01-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bush won Florida fairly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any standard that counted all votes where the voter's intent was clear had Gore winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like the ones where people accidentally punched both "gore" and "nader" and then wrote "gore" on the ballot?
Old 09-01-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think his confusion was from your use of the term congress to refer to the house only (specifically excluding the senate.) "Congress" is the term used for the house and the senate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup...I see what you meant now.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bush won Florida fairly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like the ones where people accidentally punched both "gore" and "nader" and then wrote "gore" on the ballot?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Prsident Bush supporter I think that is awesome. I love the idea that democrates basically cost themselves the election by being unable to fill out the ballots correctly.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:56 PM

Kerry laid on the "i am honorable and truthful, bush is evil" stuff about as thick as you could of. He just came off as a sleeze to me. The Kerry on Iraq website showed how bad of a flip flop he was (although some will disagree).

I know I am far from the only person who thought this. Kerry just didn't seem to have a backbone.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:02 PM

WTF....I just popped in here for an update on the hurricane, and the number one thread on hte page is this? WTF is wrong, get over it already.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Biggest reason that both he and Gore lost (in my opinion) was that neither came off as likeable. People might think Bush is an incompetent boob, but somehow he's managed to convince people that he's just like us (despite his privileged upbringing.)

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people don't understand the importance of this.

As politicians and campaigners, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush have a lot more in common than Clinton and Gore, Clinton and Kerry, Bush and Bob Dole, and Bush and his father. Of these six, only Clinton and George W. Bush actually connected with the voters, and they were the only ones who actually enjoyed going out on the campaign trail.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF....I just popped in here for an update on the hurricane, and the number one thread on hte page is this? WTF is wrong, get over it already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since anyone can bump any thread to the top, you think it is fair to judge the forum based on what the top thread is?

I notice you failed to contribute to any of the many NO related threads on the front page after you made your above post. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The liberals will never give up talking about 2000 and 2004, because they just can't believe that the American people didn't want them to run the country. Hence, the results must be a conspiracy. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]