Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Who banned AJo go all in?

[ QUOTE ]
I do think there is a diff. between a mod's voice on moderating policy and a user's voice. Partially this stems from the ability to participate in this forum. And, while there may be many (some?) mods who disagree with oot moderation, there are few who are vocal about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

While it is true that there isn't much vocal dissent about OOT moderation in this forum, I don't think it matters very much. I'm sure Mat listens to our opinions a bit more than your average poster, but he seems to care a lot about what the masses think, too.

Two reasons you don't see a lot of complaints in this forum about [censored]'s methods are:

1) Most mods agree with the way he does things.

2) They just don't have much of an opinion about it.

As for his voice in the other forums...
I'm not sure how positive or negative it is to have a mod being consistently vocal in public about his displeasure with [censored]'s methods. But I can almost guarantee you that giving up his mod status will get his point across more than almost anything he could post.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like there was no need to break my post up sentence by sentence, as you didn't really disagree with anything I wrote.

I do think there is a diff. between a mod's voice on moderating policy and a user's voice. Partially this stems from the ability to participate in this forum. And, while there may be many (some?) mods who disagree with oot moderation, there are few who are vocal about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i strongly disagree w/ one aspect of censored's moderating OOT policy. that is that people like AJo are treated as normal "ninja bumpers" or whatever. just send him a PM saying "dont do that" and he wont. no need to ban him as he is an excellent strategy poster and this is a 2p2 strategy center, not an OOT center despite weighted average posts/posters participation.

Barron
Old 10-25-2005, 07:34 PM

It's so clear to you and me, but for some reason, many just don't get it.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I feel like there was no need to break my post up sentence by sentence, as you didn't really disagree with anything I wrote.

[/ QUOTE ]

i strongly disagree w/ one aspect of censored's moderating OOT policy. that is that people like AJo are treated as normal "ninja bumpers" or whatever. just send him a PM saying "dont do that" and he wont. no need to ban him as he is an excellent strategy poster and this is a 2p2 strategy center, not an OOT center despite weighted average posts/posters participation.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I've explained this many times and I will again. I do treat strategy posters better than non strategy posters. If any one mod at any time PM'd me and said hey AJo is an elite strategy poster and vital to the forum could you unban him I would have done so immediately and then sent him a PM. Anyone who has taken the time including a few mods and several posters to PM me in the past knows this to be true.

When Daryn PM'd me I had already started going over it with him when Evan acted on his own.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:40 PM

Just look at their registration. If they've been here before OOT existed, and they have hundreds if not thousands of posts, they're a strategy poster and valued to 2+2 with very few exceptions.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just look at their registration. If they've been here before OOT existed, and they have hundreds if not thousands of posts, they're a strategy poster and valued to 2+2 with very few exceptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT existed (as Other Topics) when this new software started being used. So, nobody has a registration date which precedes OOT. The Other Topics forum was around for a long time before I started posting in 2001.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:48 PM

I don't know why you guys have such a problem with someone being banned for half a day after doing something silly in OOT. I can't think of a single instance in which [censored] has banned a 'good poster' for any significant period of time. Can you? If so, I may have to rethink my position.

Things seem to get dealt with quickly, and the biggest problems almost always come from all the people complaining about a 20 minute ban. Maybe if you guys stopped to actually consider how [censored] handles these things, there wouldn't be so much outcry.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:59 PM

alright let's move on the issue has been settled.

JBB I will make an increased effort to make sure that I'm being careful with strategy posters when it comes to banning. This issue was special in that there was a rash of ghost bumping over the weekend as I was going through multiple offenders during the day. Ajo simply wasn't on my radar when it came to the good strategy posters who post in OOT.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:01 PM

Fair enough. I do appreciate you making the effort.