Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2004, 09:02 PM

Default 50 Dollars

I have 50 dollars to put into any poker site. Is 50 enough to have fun and hopefully make money with? I'm wondering which is the best, in terms of quality. Inversly which sites have the weakest players. I am willing to do affiliate bonuses and all for anyone who is willing to help me. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:26 PM

Default Re: 50 Dollars

Party poker and poker stars are both goodstarter sites.

the rub is that party poker has more bad players generally but pokerstars has lower limits which would be more suitable for you.

I actually started at pokerstars my myself and I have no regrets about thatdecision. I also started with 50$ and I have been able to parlay it into 1900+ over about 9 months. which might sound impressive but really isn't anything special at all compared to what many other players have done in the past. you definitely can have a lot of fun with 50$ but there are a lot of maniacs at the lower limits so be careful [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2004, 09:34 PM

I put $55 into PartyPoker two years ago and I have been taking out money ever since. I had someone transfer $50 to me on PokerStars in trade for $50 on PartyPoker and I have been making money there ever since, too. I say if you are really limited in the amount you can spend, put your $50 into PokerStars and play the nano-limit games. You can start at $.10/$.25 and actually make some money at it. I still play in the $.25/$.50 games occasionally for fun and the players are so weak that I'm probably making 10+ big bets/100 at the short-handed tables*. You can easily increase your bankroll by $10-$20/day if you play well at the $.25/$.50 tables.

SpaceAce
* Keep in mind I don't have a billion hands at that limit but my point is that the games are very soft.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:37 PM

the micro-limit goame at Pacific Popker are really, really soft and they have a .10/.20 game as well as .25/.50
I think that $50 is really to little to start at Party. A bad run at .50/$1 and you could be in trouble.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have 50 dollars to put into any poker site. Is 50 enough to have fun and hopefully make money with? I'm wondering which is the best, in terms of quality. Inversly which sites have the weakest players. I am willing to do affiliate bonuses and all for anyone who is willing to help me. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

A rule of thumb for a winning player is to have 300 big bets as a bankroll. In other words, even if you were an experienced, winning player you shouldn't expect to survive at a limit higher than .10/.20 or so. That being said, if the $50 is disposable income and you are willing to write it off as an entertainment expense, you can have a night of enjoyment at .5/1.

Party Poker has the weakest players. However, their lowest limit is .5/1, so if you are looking to build a bankroll, don't play there. UB/Pacific/Poker Stars and I'm sure a few other sites have pico-limit games from .02/.04 to .25/.50.

-- Homer
Old 08-04-2004, 11:00 PM

Welcome to the boards, easternbites. Pokerstars would be best for you because you can play at lower limits with your short bankroll. The micro-limit forum is the place for you to start here probably.
Also check out this thread, which has lots of good links to threads that answer many of the common questions we all have when we first arrive. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2004, 11:08 PM

Anyone have a promo offer from PokerStars or looking to benefit from a new user? I plan on using it tonight for anyone interested.

Ahh, where are my manners? Thanks to everonye for your help
Old 08-04-2004, 11:36 PM

Funny newbie story:

Before I discovered these forums, I'd splash around on Party at SNGs mostly because it was a finite risk for loss. However one night I got the bright idea to deposit $50 there and put it at a $50 NL table.

Very first hand.... I had A-A. I raised for $20, someone pushed in for all my stack, I gleefully called and won. Promptly withdrew my $100, bought about $90 of poker books (from the good folks at 2+2 Publishing) and they've since paid for themselves MANY times over. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

To get back on-topic, Party certainly has the weakest players, but $.50/1 is a bit steep. I suggest Stars micro-limits for quality of play with minimum outlay.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:46 AM

Hi, Probably too late with this idea but if I had
$50 I would first take a can't lose shot at the promo at bet365poker a prima poker site out of England. You put $50 into your poker account and when you have bet a total of $50 on the poker tables they will put $50 into your poker account. So if you lose all your money the worst you can do is break even and then you can withdraw the money and play on party or pokerstars. It is basically a free shot, I took advantage of the offer and spent about an hour and a half making about $70 in the 25 cent 50 cent pot limit game, then called them and verified that I had played $50 and the extra money was placed in my account. If you still have the $50 give it a shot and good luck. By the way the customer service people are very helpful and there is a phone number where they can be reached. No site has no referral bonus.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have 50 dollars to put into any poker site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good stuff so far is this thread.

The only thing I'll add is that right now the best (I think) sign up bonus is at Absolute, so you'll get the most bang for your $50 sign up as far as bonuses goes.

It'd probably take you a while to clear, as each pot would need to be raked for .25, and you'll realistically need to start at the super-micro tables for $50 (Which they have). - I think at $5 they pull .25 so it would take some sort of freak of nature for a pot at micros to be raked for .25.

Anyway good luck

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]