Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: couple more boring 100/200 hands

Hand 1: There are different lines you can take with a pocket underpair on an Ace high, uncoordinate board. One I like is check-call flop, bet-fold turn, check-fold river if he calls. I would cap pre flop.

Hand 2: This is fine with no read. By raising the flop you minimize your losses when behind and represent a bluff raise so he is obligated to call down with any pair.

Hand 3: Well played. My default without a read would be to check behind unimproved on the river--especially if it completes a draw. This depends a lot on how suspicious people play at the stars 1/2 and how aggressive they would play a pair. If they are very suspicious, their calling range can make a value bet on the river correct and if they're aggressive with a hand like 44 on this board, then you can narrow them down to a missed draw or marginal made hand less than a pair.

Hand 4-7: Fine. Reads might change any of these(especially 5--it's hard to answer questions from HU matches with no context) significantly.

Hand 8: This is one of those flops where a check behind is fine against two players. Bet that K turn because it's one of the best bluffing cards in the deck. What a wierd river checkraise...I'd call because it makes no sense for him to do this with a strong hand. It seems likely that this is a simultaneous induce bluff+bluff checkraise(he thinks you're bluffing and he has a hand like AT that doesn't want an overcall).