Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 10:41 PM

Default What\'s the point of this micro challenge?

Is the idea to get points on that silly leader board? My first big cash was $225 winner the $1 on Stars. The prizes really don't seem worth it though. If you are a decent player, it seems like your time could be spent on bigger tournaments.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: What\'s the point of this micro challenge?

huh
Old 11-09-2005, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
huh ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2005, 10:52 PM

it's a cheap and easy competition designed to both have fun and at the same time, allow us to improve our tourney skills by playing in games where people have nothing to lose -

I realize it's not +EV as much as playing normal tourneys (though if you can't be +EV in it, I don't see how playing bigger tourneys are going to be for you) - - but not everything in Poker has to be +EV to a certain percentage.

God help every sour ass mother%$#%#@ who ends up like "The Sheik" who makes the money but can't be happy just playing the game one way or the other -

RB
Old 11-09-2005, 10:56 PM

These games are actually pretty tough in the end with really good players. It's a nice practice and of course, it's always fun to play poker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 10:59 PM

competition/fun

Granted it does take up the whole night pretty much and yes if you have an edge in a higher stakes game then its probably -EV to devote the time for it.

Did I mention it was fun?
Old 11-09-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the idea to get points on that silly leader board? My first big cash was $225 winner the $1 on Stars. The prizes really don't seem worth it though. If you are a decent player, it seems like your time could be spent on bigger tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

well they are kinda fun, and i'd like it more if i could do it without losing tons of EV. however, i realized that i really do'nt play my best when i'm in a tournament where i need to place in the top .5% to have the money mean anything.

this is why i want him to do a monthlong thing, where i could have a chance to win, while not playing anything less than, say $30, or $10Rebuys.

i know its stupid to try to always eek out the most possible EV of every situation... but at some point, at least for me, i get overly frustrated, and start playing poorly when i'm missing on A LOT of EV.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:04 PM

They are fun and challenging and it's great to have community events that get us interacting with one and other. I like them and play in them whenever I can.

P.S.
You actually wanted to call this thread 'Could Tiffany Williams win the micro challenge?', didn't you? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 05:27 AM

I think you are dead wrong. If you won one of these tournaments a day, you could easily clear $100,000 per year. I know several professional MTTers who only play $3 or less buy-in tournaments.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you won one of these tournaments a day, you could easily clear $100,000 per year.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be, but if you win 1 1500-player multi for every 20 you play, aren't you God? In which case can't you just create more money when you need it?

Edit: Ugh sorry my humor detector is clearly not working right.