Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: OOT Survivor #1 (grudge match)

Thinman. Does this actually require an explanation?
Old 10-16-2005, 11:10 PM

i yield my vote to stay to the first grudge-matcher to respond to this exact post. if neither responds, consider it a no-vote please.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you need to worry at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be too sure. A lot of the things [censored] have been warning people for I see myself guilty of a lot. At least I'm funny and would have popular support if I ever got banned, but [censored] and I don't exactly get along so I doubt he really gives a [censored].

....this is all just fishing for [censored] to come out and tell me how much he loves me and that my posts rule and I'm not on his radar screen for bannings though....

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon man would have that title if I truly hated you?

You tell me I suck, I tell you the same. It's what we do and the middle man makes sure things stay cool.

P.S. You suck
Old 10-16-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bye bye thinman

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-16-2005, 11:24 PM

thinman
Old 10-16-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bye bye thinman

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-16-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So is OOT now turning into your own private SimForum and you get to have all these twisted contests and public executions and whatnot?

If we weren't on such good terms I think I might cry fascism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Making OOT as much like middle/high school as possible seems to be the wrong direction to me, too; wankery of this sort doesn't seem like a huge improvement on endless streams of SIIHP references, but maybe that's just because I'm not one of the cool kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying that this is like high school is giving OOT way too much credit.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:39 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] , have you considered playing everquest or WoW or something ? just think, you could start your own guild!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gorie, why not ban the known idiots and make myself and 90% of the posters happy in the process of making a better forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

it seems like you were already doing that, and i didn't mind the idea. i don't really have a problem with you banning people that are being trolls and breaking sensible rules and whatnot.

i am not sure how jake qualifies as the bottom 10% though or deserving of a banning. and i think the results of this were obvious. so this is pretty unnecessary except you thought it would be fun.

stamping the banished with your mark, making a public list of those banned, starting threads of poster vs poster for banishment, constantly replying to threads to give your opinion whether or not it is a worthwhile thread, and all the other weird stuff that seems to be drawing attention to your movement to me is a ridiculous way to go about moderating this forum to 'make it better' in the sense you imply - it might add entertainment value for drama, but i see it as a completely different sense of 'better' than you are expressing you want.

people say they want a 'better OOT' , but this is the kind of stuff we get from those saying it. this thread is popular, but where is the intelligent, insightful discussion here you seek ? just because you started the thread does not give it any more quality than if some random poster started a different "which poster do you like better?" thread, except for you are a mod and can ban someone as a result of the votes. the concept is the same.

if people want better quality posts here, then they need to start creating more quality threads, rather than replying to the threads created just to say they suck.

i don't really have anything against you or your intentions [censored], i am mostly being the devils advocate here because it seems contradictory.. the whole thing is funny. although i still think this thread is mean.

anyway , be sure to make a sticky once OOT is good. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How is that in anyway superior to a simple vote?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the ideaof each making one last thread to show OOT why they are worthy , but my method was half-assed and has flaws.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:42 PM

I vote Jake to stay
Closed Thread