Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: 33r PCA sat final table hand

whenever i see a hand like this on the flop, i think back to Howard Lederer's analysis of how Doyle Brunson played the hand that busted Lederer in the 2004 ME.

Brunson opened with KT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and lederer called in BB with 77. Flop came 7xx with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], giving brunson a four-flush. Lederer checked and Brunson moved all-in with a huge overbet with two overs and a flush draw. Lederer called and busted on a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the river.

When asked about it later, he said that he actually liked the way Brunson played his hand, saying, "If he bets, I'm going to raise and then what is he going to do, fold? So, once he determined that he isn't going to fold no matter how i react, he figures he might as well make me play for all of my chips if I have a hand. And if I don't have a hand, i'm going to fold and he doesn't have to make his flush."

I know, it's a simple concept, and it's one that you undoubtedly know, but if you're going to re-steal in position with 63s, then you need to push when you catch your dream flop and either finish off the steal or double up by getting the money in as a big favorite.

nice play against the steal, though.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: 33r PCA sat final table hand

oh ok my bad, yes easy push