Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Milwaukee\'s Best Light commercials during WSOP

its because everyone knows furgesson lives in the fridge and if he said he was going to the fridge after the question was asked then it would be obvious who he got the answer from.

this is wrong but better than what anyone has said so far :P
Old 11-09-2005, 09:51 PM

Ironically I was just going to say "only girl's would go with each other to get a beer."

I got it, the guys just got FPS. He can't just make the straight forward play and say he's getting a beer.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its because everyone knows furgesson lives in the fridge and if he said he was going to the fridge after the question was asked then it would be obvious who he got the answer from.

this is wrong but better than what anyone has said so far :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. So why would he come back with a beer in his hand? That ruins his ruse. I would think he would just return empty handed, then go get a beer when there isn't a hand in play so as to throw off any suspicions.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All that time with all that beer in that little fridge and yet Chris never felt compelled to drink any of it. Sure makes me want to run out and buy a case.

[/ QUOTE ]

if its milwaukees best in the fridge, i would probably let the dumb redneck dudes drink it and i would just pee in my mouth instead.... well if i was stuck in the fridge answering dumb hold em or fold em questions i mean
Old 11-10-2005, 04:19 AM

What I find odd is that the fridge is at most 15 feet from the table where they are playing. It seems like the other people at the table could hear their friend talking to the fridge, if not the reply from C.F.................
Old 11-10-2005, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What I find odd is that the fridge is at most 15 feet from the table where they are playing. It seems like the other people at the table could hear their friend talking to the fridge, if not the reply from C.F.................

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't see it, but when he opens the door to the fridge, down comes a Get-Smart-style Cone o' Silence.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 11-10-2005, 12:02 PM

The first thing incorrect about these ads is the fact that this beer is partially described by the word "best".

Im just wondering why none of the other guys go grab a beer, I mean.... do they have another fridge? Or are they smart enough not to drink milwaukees beast?
Old 11-10-2005, 03:43 PM

Does Ferguson give him a beer every time? If not then I think we have our answer. In the world of this commercial, hold-em or fold-em comes on every 10 minutes, and no one except college underclassmen drink Beast that fast.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:48 PM

Or maybe they love poker so much that they only get beer during commercials, and if you get up in the middle of an intense hand to get another beer it would seem a little weird. But... if you have to get up anyway for some other reason... and happen to grab a beer while you're up, then no one thinks about it.

Does that make you happy joker? It's theoretically plausible.

Although I do have to say it's a lot more fun to bait you with inane comments about the logistics of a world-class poker champion living in one's refrigerator.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:18 PM

Only girls drink light beer anyway.