Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Argument over $15 (long)

I personally think you should not have to pay anything, and that J or H should put in because they will be the ones using the furniture so they should pay the cost for moving it.

Did you move any of your stuff in the UHaul by the way? If you did not, there is no way I would chip in for the UHaul.

Then again, it appears you were able to keep your stuff at J's for free, so maybe just treat the $15 like it was for storage.

Personally, I think you're getting the worst of this deal because helping people move is absolutely awful -- I hate it, a lot. Figure out a solution to this though. Don't put it off and have your friend have to remember again to ask.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:35 PM

Dude, it's only 15 bucks. If there is a story this long (I didn't read it) both parties must be at least partially wrong and both are definitely completely retarded.

Just buy him a case of nice-ish beer, and then drink them with him. Argument done. Friendship or whatever saved. Find better things to worry about.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:40 PM

Ill give you both 15$ if you both quit being cheap bastards, and learn how to live life the right way.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:43 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

wow, of course you should pay. he was being pretty generous to let you store your stuff in his place for free, the least you can do is pay $15 to transfer some of it. that just seems ridiculous to refuse when he asks for $15 towards the uhaul.

if i'm understanding it right - YOUR stuff was being moved too right ? why shouldn't you contribute ? it's not like they're obligated to move your stuff for you or to store it, they're doing you a favor.

you're being ungrateful and cheap, it's only $15. like you said he saved you from having to spend $120 storing it yourself.

dumb thing to be stubborn about or start a fight over.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:45 PM

dont pay him, and write him off as a friend. You guys obviously have minimal communication, he used you for a full day of moving where you should get payed $200+. He isn't worth your trouble. [censored] him
Old 08-24-2005, 11:45 PM

In all honesty, if you want to be a dik, just ask to be paid for helping him move.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:48 PM

Two ways to look at it:

1) You were generous in helping him move, he didn't ask if you wanted to chip in on the U-Haul and your stuff didn't necessitate the use of one. On principle, don't pay.

2) You would have paid way more in storage, you both make enough money that $15 is practically nothing, stop being cheap and pay your friend.

The correct answer:

If his friendship is worth $15, pay him the piddling money and move on.

If his friendship isn't worth $15, refuse to pay out of principal, get your [censored] back and consider him a friend no more.

Most friends I'd ask to store [censored] with are worth $15, but I don't know how well you know this guy. He very well might not be worth the $15, although keep in mind he also has your stuff.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:50 PM

Obviously there's only one way to settle this.

Whoever was the third guy in the Uhaul fiasco, you two give him 30 each, he's dealer and floorman, and you two play a freezeout. Oh and winner gets paid 30 from dealer.

So basically you are both paying dealer 15 to win 15 from buddy.

Now that is fair. Fair is fair.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:52 PM

Is everybody missing the part about OP working like a [censored] coolie for the privilege of a [censored] Subway sandwich? If anything, OP should be the creditor in this deal. I can't imagine being friends with someone like this. If it's really worth it to him, I guess he should pay him and then ask him what the hell his problem is.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ill give you both 15$ if you both quit being cheap bastards, and learn how to live life the right way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funniest thing I've read all night