Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: the end of 2+2 as we know it...

No more books either!!
Old 05-27-2005, 05:12 PM

everyone make up stuff like, "play every single hand possible and raise every time you have a ace" and post it, then put a symbol like a percent sign so all who know, will realize it is made up...and then put the key in a lock box. We will put this lock box under a bed. Do this for exactly 6 months, this will solve all problems.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should we have locked the door on 10/29/04?

[/ QUOTE ]

good detective work......except I've been posting for years. Not a lot of people know this, but it's possible to create new account and new username. Don't let this secret out or 2+2 might start cracking down. Pretty tricky....kind of like a check-raise....idiot.

If you've been a pro since 2003, you've obviously seen changes in the tables. They're just slighty tighter than they were in 2003, right? No one listened when Mat and others tried to calm the rakeback posts. Now that could turn into a pain in the butt.

People assume that it's going to be easy to make a living from online poker for the next 5 or 10 years. That's not necessarily true.

Obviously, an SI article is not the end of online poker. I haven't even read it. However, it's tough to argue that 2+2 appearing in popular national magazines is good for business.

You're stupid if you don't raise an ace before the flop. You're a total moron if you don't at least see a flop with 2 suited cards - you might get a flush.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:49 PM

I've gotten far more from this site than I could ever hope to give back, and I don't begrudge anyone their opportunity to do the same.

New people are going to come along, just like I did, you did, and the OP did. I didn't find this site because I'm special or deserving of a break, but I'm happy I did, and if someone else comes along and enjoys the place I'm happy for them as well.

Martin
Old 05-27-2005, 11:56 PM

6 Max seems to be pretty good place to be.

-SFWUSC
Old 05-28-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've gotten far more from this site than I could ever hope to give back, and I don't begrudge anyone their opportunity to do the same.

New people are going to come along, just like I did, you did, and the OP did. I didn't find this site because I'm special or deserving of a break, but I'm happy I did, and if someone else comes along and enjoys the place I'm happy for them as well.

Martin

[/ QUOTE ]

you have no idea how many people *bitterly* disagree with you.

i feel the same way as you martin, but i learned a long time ago that people will stick a shiv in you for talking this place up to strangers.

things have changed now because there are just so many new people, but i used t get my ass jumped in public AND by PM's from close friends that told me to shut my damn mouth and stop sending people here. close friends got nastyass with me and some still don't talk to me.

this is a touchy subject for many, and i could never understand the big deal. as long as new people come to the game, a few more pros won't hurt nobody.

also, the more people we 'develop' may turn into excellent posters and contributors that will actually help sustain the community.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:02 AM

Despite what we may think not that many people are interested in poker strategy.....and the article mentions that 2+2 is an interesting place for poker strategy. Most readers will think: "BORING."

Just as long as we have the WPT showing heads up poker Q7o all in bluffs we will have a solid supply of fish. so were good there.

As for the condition of the forums, networks gain power and usefullness with the addition of nodes (posters). I would like to look at this as a possible increase in overall brainpower. The hammerheads will get dealt with and runnoft.

my two cents.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone that read sports illustrated today will know exactly what i mean.

[censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I think only a small percentage of readers would actually check out this forum. An even smaller percentage would actually take the time to learn anything from it.

I've mentioned great 2+2 strategy posts to close friends of mine and they never bother to read them and these same friends think they are fantastic and have nothing to learn. So it is with the general populace.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:14 AM

I'm not super worried. I guess that those already a part of 2+2 would benefit a little from it being cut off from everyone else, but it's just not fair. Suck it up y'all.

Also, the article said strasser only has a 17" monitor. That better be a mistake by SI or I lost some respect for him.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:38 AM

Stupid [censored] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]