Old 12-19-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Re: buying an elliptical

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
are you a shut in? Seriously

[/ QUOTE ]
yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

well Gorie, I think this is sad because no piece of equipment or amount of money you spend is going to save you from how this story ends if you continue down this current path. I'm sure you've heard the stories so there's no reason to dwell on it.

I would like to see you deal with this problem first instead of worrying about something cosmetic like getting in shape (ignoring physical health for the moment) I would strongly encourage you to spend that money on talking with someone who can help you this. You're young, smart and have your whole life infront of you and this is not the path you want to go down.

I don't know why you don't like to go out but I suspect its sometype of self esteem issues. If that's the case. Let me just say this. [censored] people that think they can judge you Gorie without knowing you. Who the [censored] are they to sit there and judge you, to the point you don't want to go out. Those [censored] are going to [censored] judge you? I don't [censored] think so. And I know you're smarter than to let them get away with [censored] like that. I say go out, be happym enjoy life and anyone has a problem with that can [censored] off and die a horrible death.

Also for what it's worth, there's something about you that's sort of sexy, i'd bang you for sure.

also if your answer was a joke and I thought about and wrote all of this for nothing, go [censored] yourself.

Sincerly,
Jeremy
Old 12-19-2005, 02:15 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

there are plenty of people that don't go out, yet they are still social. people don't skip rope at bars either.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there are plenty of people that don't go out, yet they are still social. people don't skip rope at bars either.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm I think shut in implies anti social-no? much different than just not going out. I take that to mean not leaving the house etc
Old 12-19-2005, 02:21 AM

While I agree with everyone about the gym being a better option than simply purchasing your own machine, I do think Elliptical machines are awesome if you don't really like exercising. It's extremely low impact, very productive and fun to do after the first few days (of excruciating pain while your muscles figure out wtf you're doing). If I were you I would definitely NOT purchase an elliptical machine without trying out a large variety of them. There are three ellipticals at my gym and two of them just plain suck but one of them is AWESOME. If I were you I'd suck it up, start hitting up a few local gyms just to try some different ellipticals and then make your decision with your newfound knowledge.

Man I get windy sometimes.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:23 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

she lives with her bf and plays board games based on other posts...
Old 12-19-2005, 02:24 AM

to me shut-in implies (physical?) inability to leave the house.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
she lives with her bf and plays board games based on other posts...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I guess you're probably right.

Gorie dimiss my post except for the last part
Old 12-19-2005, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
to me shut-in implies (physical?) inability to leave the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking mental but yes
Old 12-19-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm I think shut in implies anti social-no? much different than just not going out. I take that to mean not leaving the house etc

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it can come from being agoraphobic or excessively socially shy or even ashamed of a perceived physical defect, and not have to do with being anti-social in the sense that I think you mean it, which is leaning toward misanthropy on the one hand or being utterly indifferent toward people on the other.

While being a shut-in is still a problem, it doesn't have to come from only one psychological place.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:32 AM

I've got a stationary bicycle & one of those cross-country ski things in my basement, both covered with dust, plus the nearest gym is 20 minutes drive away. What i've found works for me is vigorous gardening - digging and stuff - I guess because it makes me feel productive - and solo tennis - the $5 one where it's on a long piece of rubber - because it's more entertaining and because I can do it outside.