Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Flop TP with flush draw, met with resistance, bad push here?

Is this a bad push here on the flop?? Thinking I should have just called the raise and seen the turn instead. People call this move all too often.

6-max $50nl.

4 ($11.90)
Hero ($51.85)
SB($27.25)
BB (Villian)($60.72)
3($53.91)

Hero has Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

3 fold, 4 calls, Hero raises to $2.50, SB folds, Villian calls $2.00, 4 calls $2.00

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot $7.5, 3 players)
4 checks, Hero bets $4, Villian raises $16, 4 folds, Hero raises $45.35(all-in), Villian calls $33.35
Old 11-28-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Flop TP with flush draw, met with resistance, bad push here?

probably is a bad push only because he's playing this like someone with a set and at worst 2 pair which you almost certainly share one card, eliminating some of your outs......unless he decided to get tricky with AA or KK here you are drawing thin i'd think..maybe call and try to spike a J or a heart...it's 12 to call into a $24 pots so your immediate odds aren't real good but you might stack him if you catch good on the turn...I don't think he's getting away from anything at this point.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:52 PM

I don't think this is a bad push at all. There are about 50 draws he could be on himself so it's not unthinkable that your Queen is the best hand and you have a lot of outs against most hands, including AA or KK which you will see here from time to time.

SpaceAce
Old 11-28-2005, 07:07 PM

Add in the fact that he could easily have something like [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A5, I don't think the push is bad. Some reads would be nice, though.