Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Fischman flop a boat and bets it

[ QUOTE ]
It's not a nonstandard play. People bet out strong hands all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say a strong hand. I said a <u>boat</u>. My understanding is not good players don't usually bet out with boats.

If people don't agree about this, than maybe we have something to discuss and it is not a stupid post.

Maybe you could learn something on this forum rahter than putting down what you don't understand.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:09 PM

yikes betgo, they're really letting you have it for no reason at all.

Alright i don't think i'd bet here, but i don't think it's neceesarily bad to do so, i mean, if you're betting at a lot of flops, might aswell bet some that you hit hard. Though, like David said, i think in this case he hit it hard enough to let Joe catch up some.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:26 PM

I saw that episode while I was in the states and I remember talking with a friend about how strange that play was. Most of the replys here are useless, the post brings an interesting hand that, god forbid, was actually shown on TV. It's not like anything shown on TV is pure entertaiment crap. They do have poker plays from time to time.

I'm sorry to say, but Scott's play was bad. In an unraised pot, HU, on possibly the worst looking flop possible, he has very little chance to get money out of Cassidy at that point.

I do have a lot to learn about poker, but anyone who thinks he should ALWAYS do something, betting, checking, raising, whatever, has a major problem. You shouldn't always trap big hands, you shouldn't always check flopped boats or even quads, but in this hand, I think Scott made a bad play by betting.

And what the hell was so bad about the OP?
Old 11-20-2005, 06:21 PM

I thought the title was absolutely hilarious. "THIS JUST IN!!! WSOP BRACELET WINNER FLOPS A BOAT!!! AND BETS IT!!!!!"

As for the hand, yeah, it's cool. I can go either way on this. I'd much prefer the bet if he had position though.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If people don't agree about this, than maybe we have something to discuss and it is not a stupid post.

Maybe you could learn something on this forum rahter than putting down what you don't understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear this...I would definately check and i am still a self-admitted donk (just donked myself out in 80th in yesterdays 10+1 Stars deepstack). When a checked BB bets into this flop though i would almost always auto-fold (hole in my game?) as it could only indicate strength at any level. But as one post said, Fishman is viewed as one who will bet any flop with any two, so i think a bet disguises his BOAT well.

But im just a donk.

Emon96
Old 11-20-2005, 07:07 PM

stupidest. thread. ever.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stupidest. thread. ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Worst punctuation ever.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:14 AM

What were the stack sizes? I'd be interested in some response to my posts in this thread, discussing Mike Osborne's magazine article, "Inappropriate Slowplaying in No Limit Hold 'em Tournaments".

My theory is that in NL, it's often correct to slowplay when the pot is big but not slowplay when the pot is small. (For limit holdem, it would be exactly the reverse.)
Old 11-22-2005, 04:37 AM

I don't know. It was a limped pot SB vs. BB and it was pretty late, so the money was not that deep. I guess since it was a limped pot, you could say it was a small pot, which favors fast playing according to your theory.