Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2004, 01:24 AM

Default 25/50 Hustler -- well played or weak-tight?

Played 15/30 a while while observing the 25/50 game. It looked extremely loose and wild and my mouth was watering just waiting to get in. I sat down and a few hands later I get red KK.

A bit of info on the table: overall, seemed like a mix of loose-agressives and calling stations. I had only played with the SB in this hand before, and he is very loose and called til the river looking for one miracle card, or simply with top pair. Everyone else seemed just plain loose-agressive from the short time I sat down for.

I am UTG+2 (with red KK). UTG+1 raises, I simply call, MP1 raises, MP2 caps, SB cold calls the cap, UTG+1 calls, I call, MP1 calls.

Flop Q73 all of hearts

checked to me, I bet out, MP1 calls, MP2 folds (suprised me, I didn't expect any folders), SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn A of spades

checked to me, I check (weak?), MP1 fires out, SB calls, UTG+1 folds, I call

River offsuit rag

checked to MP1, who bets out, SB calls (seems reluctant) and I call.

MP1 shows TT with T of hearts, SB says he has a Q and I win with KK.

So, did I get too fancy trying to slowplay my KK? I didn't expect it to be capped, but maybe 3bet without me, which disguises my hand quite well. and with all the calling stations, I figure I could win a large pot if they had no idea I had KK.

Flop: I decided to bet out, hoping to get raised so I could 3bet but unfortunately no one did. However, I think MP2 folded AJo (black?) or something because I did bet out. (he slammed the table when an ace came on the turn). Should I have gone for the checkraise? I don't know if MP2 would've respected a bet from MP1 as much as me (an unknown for him).

Turn: Was the check here weak? I figured MP1 could've possibly had AK. or the other players could've been playing Ace-x. a black ace was probably one of the only cards that could've hurt me at this point. In retrospect, it was great because MP2 started bluffing an ace with only TT, while he probably would've folded on the river if I had kept betting. But in all honesty, I checked because I was scared shitless someone had the ace.

River: not much discussion I guess?
Old 08-17-2004, 07:57 AM

Default Re: 25/50 Hustler -- well played or weak-tight?

I think you played it just right. Nobody can put you on KK preflop. MP1 can have a flush or Ax, so you are only beating Queens and below. With so many in I'm checking and calling only 1 against the turn Ace too unless I have a contrary read.