Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 04:46 PM

Default 2 hands... No big misplay this time

SB is 21/8/1,0 over 1464 hands

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.00 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ...

I was putting him on a flush draw but that can't be right since is he really so tricky to go for a check/raise on the river? Nah. What can he have? J with weak kicker? I'm lost. What do I do on the river? I guess value bet?

-------------------------------------------------

BB is 27/9/1,1 over 1500 hands
Button is 22/8/1,4 over 1000 hands

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Now that was an interesting event of action on the flop. BB calling everything while me and Button raise each other.

Turn: (9.00 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Ok, whats going on here? I was going into a check/call mode. Hmm...

River: (9.00 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ...

I feel I have to lead out on the river after the turn action. I doubt he is slowplaying anything.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: 2 hands... No big misplay this time

Hand 1: I would check that river. The flush got there and it looks like a good chance he's just being passive with a weaker J.

Hand 2: I would just call the river. This button action is confusing. I don't know what he would play this way...a flush draw and then bluff-raised the river????
Old 12-02-2005, 04:52 PM

Hand 1: I don't think this is a value bet.

Hand 2: I don't like any line that involves checking the turn.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even with the flop action and with the intention of calling behind? I put it at atleast 90% chance that Button will raise the turn here. Why don't you like the check?
Old 12-02-2005, 05:08 PM

Because people will cap the flop looking for free cards for their flush draw, and I don't like giving it to them.

Sometimes I call the flop raise and bet a blank turn, or I 3-bet like you did, but I still bet the turn. I think if you had bet the turn and the Button still raised the field you could fold.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because people will cap the flop looking for free cards for their flush draw, and I don't like giving it to them.

Sometimes I call the flop raise and bet a blank turn, or I 3-bet like you did, but I still bet the turn. I think if you had bet the turn and the Button still raised the field you could fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think betting the turn has the added advantage of defining buttons hand. If he still raises then its not looking good for you.

I of course would call a turn raise and then call one bet on the river, thinking "pots big enough to call". However, this is because I'm not good enough to fold when I'm beaten. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2005, 05:21 PM

Hand 1. Check behind.
Hand 2. Call the flop bet.
Bet\fold the turn.

EDIT: You're easily good more than 1:12 to call the river in hand 2.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:09 PM

Grunch:

Hand 1 - easy check - small pot &amp; what would he call with? I really din't want the C/R out of him, so don't offer.

Hand 2 - are they both donks? Yikes! 1 totally passive and 1 hot n cold. Honestly, I'm calling just out of curiosity.