Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Hand review fold or push?

***** Hand History for Game 2751409549 *****
100/200 Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) (Tournament 15941828) - Wed Sep 21 17:20:23 EDT 2005
Table Table 14887 (Real Money) -- Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 7
Seat 1: travisfish (1803)
Seat 2: SOXPATS25 (1402)
Seat 4: JR2BROWN2 (1420)
Seat 5: bonzerdarren (1245)
Seat 7: BlaineC0069 (460)
Seat 9: Jmcmm2 (935)
Seat 10: lloydbanks22 (735)
lloydbanks22 posts small blind (50)
travisfish posts big blind (100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to BlaineC0069 [ 5d, 5s ]
SOXPATS25 raises (200) to 200
JR2BROWN2 folds.
bonzerdarren folds.
BlaineC0069 folds.
Jmcmm2 folds.
lloydbanks22 folds.
travisfish calls (100)

I folded here because I figured the best I could get is a coinflip and with that min raise I thought he could have anything, + i'm almost definatly gonna get called, and I felt that I still had some fe for my next push. On the other hand im gonna have to push soon anyway. Your thoughts would be appreciated. Also this is my first post im sure i've done something wrong with the post lol ty.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Hand review fold or push?

Folding is good for the reasons you mentioned. Nice hand!
Old 09-22-2005, 04:08 PM

I push without thinking twice. You have very little FE really, and there is probably a 70 percent or better chance that you are on the better side of a toss here. He likely just limps or folds with up to 99, and if he has tt or better, oh well. But based on his raise, he probably has aq, ak, or ajs, depending on his style. Regardless, you do not have the type of stack where you can wait for a better scenario. Clear push.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I push without thinking twice. You have very little FE really, and there is probably a 70 percent or better chance that you are on the better side of a toss here. He likely just limps or folds with up to 99, and if he has tt or better, oh well. But based on his raise, he probably has aq, ak, or ajs, depending on his style. Regardless, you do not have the type of stack where you can wait for a better scenario. Clear push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:15 PM

Default We will agree to disagree.

What was incorrect about my reasoning? He had 4 times the big blind and a hand that beats all drawing hands. Nothing to fear with that hand considering he was severaly short stacked. When the blinds come through in a few more hands, he will be left with no folding equity. Why not take advantage of the favorable coin toss here rather than risk being blinded out?
Old 09-22-2005, 04:33 PM

1) Going through the blinds again will knock you down to t300, unless the blinds go up before they get to you, which is worse.
2) 55 is probably better than anything you will see before the blinds hit.
3) People fold too much. Even though we know that he shouldn't fold I've seen it happen... a lot.

I think this is a push, but sometimes I think I push too much, so I could be wrong.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: We will agree to disagree.

[ QUOTE ]
What was incorrect about my reasoning? He had 4 times the big blind and a hand that beats all drawing hands. Nothing to fear with that hand considering he was severaly short stacked. When the blinds come through in a few more hands, he will be left with no folding equity. Why not take advantage of the favorable coin toss here rather than risk being blinded out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I misread his stack, I thought he had 735 for some reason. Looks like I was incorrect lol. Sorry man.