Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2004, 05:29 AM

Default Down to the felt

Tomorrow is the biggest days of my life. This is not a pity story, but what I truely to believe what will turn out as a great success story. I am 25 years old and have lost most things I had going for me in the last two months including a fiancee and law school and family. Without a family or backup plan I am jumping off the deep end with all the money I have in some effort to obtain the funds to rid myself of the many things women, college and myself have brought to this deeeep hole I find myself in. I have been playing poker for a few years with most of my hours logged online. I have attended the last six wpt events with some success and some good deal of success in the cash games. I suppose I am posting this because I find the stories of those who put it all on the line are very interesting and at times a bit dumb. We all know the story of Doyle, Roberts, and Slim dropping all they owned their first time to vegas and the story of the guy who sold his house and all belongings to put it on one spin of the roulette wheel. I plan on playing the noon 500 multi and then proceed to play at the high limit tables. I have often heard that the two greatest things in a poker players life is the thrill of winning and the thrill of losing but for the next two days I obviously hope it is the aforementioned. Anyhow, I will be back tomorrow night to tell of the progress or the first days woes.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:50 AM

Default Re: Down to the felt

i dont know who you are, but i am very intersted to hear updates. Keep it comin.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:46 AM

good luck hope you do well
Old 12-22-2004, 08:45 AM

my only advice is to play like the money means nothing to you.

goodluck to you.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:49 AM

if u really go down to the felt if u loose my advice is to take your money and run
Old 12-23-2004, 03:10 PM

If I had to bet on success or failure I'd take the latter. Don't get me wrong, I wish you luck(as long as you're not at my table) but those without a real and solid gameplan usually fail in the long run.

Good luck,
Old 12-23-2004, 03:21 PM

this plan has no chance of success unless you play to hit and run. No poker player in the world can win at high limits with an underfunded bankroll.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tomorrow is the biggest days of my life. This is not a pity story, but what I truely to believe what will turn out as a great success story. I am 25 years old and have lost most things I had going for me in the last two months including a fiancee and law school and family. Without a family or backup plan I am jumping off the deep end with all the money I have in some effort to obtain the funds to rid myself of the many things women, college and myself have brought to this deeeep hole I find myself in. I have been playing poker for a few years with most of my hours logged online. I have attended the last six wpt events with some success and some good deal of success in the cash games. I suppose I am posting this because I find the stories of those who put it all on the line are very interesting and at times a bit dumb. We all know the story of Doyle, Roberts, and Slim dropping all they owned their first time to vegas and the story of the guy who sold his house and all belongings to put it on one spin of the roulette wheel. I plan on playing the noon 500 multi and then proceed to play at the high limit tables. I have often heard that the two greatest things in a poker players life is the thrill of winning and the thrill of losing but for the next two days I obviously hope it is the aforementioned. Anyhow, I will be back tomorrow night to tell of the progress or the first days woes.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you win, make sure you pay back the professor.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:37 PM

This type of thing is exactly what the people trying to ban gambling always bring up.

Before you do this, read Dostoyevsky's The Gambler. Then seek professional help.

Seriously. (Good luck...but this isn't about luck.)
Old 12-23-2004, 04:52 PM

As long as you desire to win as ardently as you do, you will necessarily fail.