Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-27-2005, 06:56 PM

Default $22: Early AQ Decision

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t690)
UTG+1 (t800)
MP1 (t785)
MP2 (t800)
MP3 (t800)
CO+1 (t800)
Hero (t790)
Button (t815)
SB (t920)
BB (t800)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, UTG+1 calls t15, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises t75</font>, Button calls t75, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, UTG+1 calls t60

Flop: (t250) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t175</font>, <font color="red">Button bets t740 (All-in)</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 bets t725 (All-in)</font> Hero ...
Old 12-27-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: $22: Early AQ Decision

I insta call in a $22.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:21 PM

Call and grin widely as you lose to JJ when a river J hits.

elektrik,

It's even an instacall with two allin on the flop like that? I'd at least think for a little bit.

Yugoslav
Old 12-27-2005, 07:22 PM

Been a long time since the $22s, but I still don't like reraise push, and cold call when you just have one pair. I muck this and pick a better spot.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:04 PM

I ended up mucking, Button showed A10 (guess he was hoping I missed), UTG+1 showed QJ. Grr.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:32 PM

This is a definite call.

Early on esp. I would think that one of the two was at least on the flush draw. This just shows that people are doing stupid things early on.

TPTK on the flop against one blind defender and one limper. I imagine that the UTG+1 is putting him on the flush as well and hoping his TP holds up and that you will fold now that your continuation bet didn't work.

I see this move lots of times with BP when an ace doesn't hit on the flop. Although it is always hard to make the call with one caller already. Got to do it though.[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2005, 06:46 PM

I think you made the right play.

You get shown retarded hands enough of the time to make you wonder if you should be calling it. However, the vast majority of the time you're up against at least two pair and a draw. I think you should definitely be folding in these situations, but as I said, you fold the best hand enough that you at least question it.

Also, if I had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I might call, because you have the backdoor nut draw as a bit of insurance. Not sure, but I might. AQs would be a no-brainer call of course.