Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Problems on all streets (PLO8)

I got a 200 stack as does everyone else in the hand. PLO8 200 on party.

I am posting as I just joined the table so I already put in my BB, but im in middle position. I got A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Preflop: First 3 guys to act all call, one fold, then I check, one fold, guy pots it to 13, 4 folds, 2 guys that called from early position call, I call.

Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img](63 in the middle)

First guy to act checks, second guy bets 25, Hero ?

What do you guys think? The guy who potted it preflop acts right after me. I think every street was questionable, after I figure out the best play in this street ill post the next one and so on.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Problems on all streets (PLO8)

Call, you have a nice draw and it'd be a shame to get raised off it. I'd call a raise up to 60 or so if another one of the EP guys comes along.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call, you have a nice draw and it'd be a shame to get raised off it. I'd call a raise up to 60 or so if another one of the EP guys comes along.

[/ QUOTE ]

I called and so did the guy who potted it preflop.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

First guy checks, Hero ?

Guy who potted preflop once again acts right behind me.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:11 AM

A pot bet telegraphs the flush. If you're confident that the pre-flop potter will bet again, you can check since you have the nut flush and the nut low draw with little redrawing potential for your opponents (absurd straight-flushes).
Old 11-20-2005, 12:24 AM

Check-fold. You have to assume the straight flush is out there, and you can't draw to half the pot with this many callers, because even when you catch you'll be getting quartered.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:41 AM

I hate checking here as a lot of hands will pay you now where they mightn't on an 8+ or non-pairing river. I think it's a bad gamble to rely on the preflop raiser betting in this spot. However potting is way too obvious and will fold out any non-idiot.

I think a 1/2 pot bet has merit. It looks a bit like a low draw feeler bet (maybe with some sort of hi). You'll probably get two calls if they have low hands and you can charge on the river if a low hits.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate checking here as a lot of hands will pay you now where they mightn't on an 8+ or non-pairing river. I think it's a bad gamble to rely on the preflop raiser betting in this spot. However potting is way too obvious and will fold out any non-idiot.

I think a 1/2 pot bet has merit. It looks a bit like a low draw feeler bet (maybe with some sort of hi). You'll probably get two calls if they have low hands and you can charge on the river if a low hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I ended up potting it, I think your half pot bet idea was probably better since I might actually get called.

Anyway first guy checks, I pot it, preflop potter calls, first guy folds.

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](420 in the middle)

I got 23 bucks left so I shove, he folds, he had 20 bucks left.

I think I should have check called the river. I made some cash from this hand, but wasnt particularly happy with my play in the different streets. The turn was the street that was the most interesting since I think unless the guy is a big time low chaser like he was in this particular hand I wont get called.