Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 03:55 AM

Default Re: Place your bets...

I was at Canterbury Friday and Saturday nights. Game didn't go either night. From what I understand from conversations with a few different people, the game went last Saturday and was not the juice-bowl I'm accustomed to. I'm not sitting in a toughish $30/60 game--sorry. It went Wednesday and was a good game. It went on Thursday, was shorthanded most of the time, and broke early. The joint was full by the time I got down there Friday afternoon and there was no game. Today was relatively quiet for a Saturday during the tournament. Local football fans, already despondent over the moral turpitude which engulfs the Vikings' camp, presumably committed hari-kari after the Gophers' collapse against the Badgers today. Or maybe people were banking on their Powerball tickets to get them even for the year, I dunno. Anyway, the $30/60 stud/8 list had exactly three names on it today. Tomorrow's tournament is the ladies' event, so I don't imagine the game will go tomorrow, either. I think I'll see if I can't find a Macanudo-friendly bar to watch my Giants run it up on the Cowboys and then hit Boiled in Lead in the evening.

$6/12 stud/8 has been going pretty regularly, though. I should be down there next Saturday. If $30/60 is going on Thursday, I may try to make an appearance.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:17 PM

I was up in AC, but am interested in playing should this game go in the future. Warning: I'd probably sit out of the stud rounds... I know better.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna take my personal hometown hero petrchi. Do my proud buddy.

-Yarney

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I completely missed this thread since I don't read stud.

There's no way I had any hint of an edge in this game until Jeffage started going on bored-tilt playing these "micro"-limits.

Even then, I was still quite out of my element; I just got hit by the deck hard enough to be the 2nd winner on the night. I fully intend to spew it all back very soon.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:08 PM

I think you played well, even when you were busting up my KK NLHE and Omaha....