Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 09-05-2005, 09:03 AM

Default statspost: 330BB downswing

I'm now at the bottom of a 330BB downswing.
Before I continue to lose some more and head for the -500BB slide; I would like to know what you guys think about my stats over these 6.4k hands.

A few things I noticed:
- high % folded to riverbet
- high % vpip from SB?
Allthough these two stats are exactly the same over my total of 26k hands as they are in this downswing.

I really appreciate to get some comments, cause I would love to get back on track and make some $$ again.

btw. The screen of my PT stats shows only -300BB. This is caused by the fact that I had to pick a date in the preferences tab where my downswing began. While I lost some more BB's the day before.

Old 09-05-2005, 09:06 AM

Default Re: statspost: 330BB downswing

Post stats for the entire 26k, (more if you have them) its totally pointless just posting from the moment the downswing started.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:52 PM

Ok you're right. Here they are:

Old 09-05-2005, 01:45 PM

I also play 3/6 so I could compare our stats:

-Folded BB to steal HU is too high, you should defend more liberally I think.

-Folded SB is also too high maybe, you should spot those idiots who will raise 64s on the button and punish them even if you have only contriubted $1 so far.

-Your AF is too high I think. Especially on the turn, 3.40 is very high for my standards (mine is 2.61). Yes, you shouldn't fold so much on the river. There are situations where people with bluff you with all kind of junk, but will fold to a raise or even worse 3-bet you with junk and you fold.

-Be sexy and check-raise more [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2005, 02:50 PM

I think your AF is your main problem. It's indicative a style that works less and less well as you move up in 6m. If you think your opponent is likely to be bluffing, you need to give him some rope. i.e. call to the river sometimes and then decide whether to call or raise him there. I think you're moving your moving you're opponents off nothing/very weak hands instead of letting them put multiple bets in the pot with it.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:15 PM

Wow, that is eerie. I just have to share my graph because it looks exactly the same. I think this proves online poker is rigged.

Old 09-05-2005, 03:22 PM

looks like your generally running bad, WSF is low and its not through lack of aggression,

your aggression does look high, maybe tone it down a bit, I have same problem but your aggressive all streets, maybe having a bad run your tilting a bit and trying to use aggression to take down some pots?
Old 09-05-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm now at the bottom of a 330BB downswing.
Before I continue to lose some more and head for the -500BB slide; I would like to know what you guys think about my stats over these 6.4k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dismal session continues and you forego a party to which you were invited. That's too bad, since you would have met the woman of your dreams and the two of you would have raised a child who would have discovered an anti-virus that would have saved millions of lives. The woman you marry instead, the only one woul dput up with your bad run of luck, bears a child whom you have to bail out of jail at age sixteen. You were going to use that money to enter the final event in The World Series of Poker, and if the timing was right, you were going to win.

Lol, After i read that in greensteins book i promised myself i'd quote it in the next downswing post i read.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your AF is your main problem. It's indicative a style that works less and less well as you move up in 6m. If you think your opponent is likely to be bluffing, you need to give him some rope. i.e. call to the river sometimes and then decide whether to call or raise him there. I think you're moving your moving you're opponents off nothing/very weak hands instead of letting them put multiple bets in the pot with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is right on I think. it seems like a lot of these downswing posters have this problem. its some sort of weak/tight-phobia where people assume that they need to the aggressor every single hand they play. of course aggression is usually good, but in certain spots, esp when in a HU pot, you need to consider ALL your options, not just pound away. you need to think about what you're doing in certain spots, not just keep pushing until they push back then fold. sometimes simple calling down gets the most money, particularly against certain players who are overly aggressive. you make money by exploiting the mistakes of your opponents. if somebodys main mistake is betting too much, then you have to let them make it if you want to get maximum EV.

Your AF, along with the very high folded to river bet is a very good indicator that you're probably very rarely, if ever letting your opponnet take the lead.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that is eerie. I just have to share my graph because it looks exactly the same. I think this proves online poker is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow , did you copy my graph and put it in excel? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]