Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: statspost: 330BB downswing

FRB way too high, linked to WTSD being way too low.
Also, you are running bad.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:32 PM

A little too aggressive postflop, but other than that I don't see any huge holes. Maybe you're just cursed.

I mean, you definitely don't show down often enough, but it isn't as though your win % at showdown is high. It's barely 50%.

When your WTSD is only 30% and your win $ at showdown is barely 50% . . . well that's just sucky.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:40 PM

is this a good article? i have some issues with it, but for fear of sounding like a moron i'm going to keep them to myself untill someone else wishes to opine.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is this a good article? i have some issues with it, but for fear of sounding like a moron i'm going to keep them to myself untill someone else wishes to opine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the article assumes a tight opponent. Due to the donkeys that populate 5/10 and below, you can loosen up your value betting standards considerably.

What's your beef with it? I'm curious, and would like to discuss it. I think the article is pretty solid and I've been pointing my friends at it, since this is a concept a lot of people have trouble grasping.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:11 AM

no, you got it. i don't know what kind of wacky high limit games this fellow plays in, but they're different from where i'm playing. his general point is good i think.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FRB way too high, linked to WTSD being way too low.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the expected good range for Folded to River Bet and Went to ShowDown? I may have the same problem.

(I'm at 52.6% FRB and 33.2% WTSD (49.4 WSD and -2.5BB/100 over 9k) 1/2 though, not 3/6.)
Old 11-23-2005, 02:40 PM

Is that folded BB to steal at 65% a little high?
Old 11-23-2005, 02:49 PM

omg, don't bring this up again. It's like 2.5 months ago [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
I'm now in the middle of a nice upswing and I'm gonna blame you if it turns into a huge downswing [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

And yes I guess that BB folded to steal is bit high.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:38 PM

you can tighten up an ass-ton from the sb, I would say bring that vpip down to 25%. Raise PF more; more specifically, steal more. start open raising hands as weak as k7o, j9o, q7s, k5s, j8s from the CO if the button is 40% vpip or less, and if the bb is 50% vpip or less. People need to utilize late position better, and doing this will make your winrate skyrocket. I would say your fold blinds to steal are about right; honestly, if you are a somewhat inexperienced player, that is a very tough spot to play(being oop, and in defense mode). Probably get less aggressive on the turn (something I could probably work on myself).

edit: LOL, I just saw the date of the OP.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
steal more. start open raising hands as weak as k7o, j9o, q7s, k5s, j8s from the CO if the button is 40% vpip or less, and if the bb is 50% vpip or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap, someone as loose as I am. Just be careful with those hands, like u say they work in conditions of tighter button and tighter BB...as long as ppl pay attention to this and play decently postflop...by all means do this. But for some it might be a little loose.