Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: is there an actor worse than orlando bloom?
no. 25 24.51%
yes, it's brendan fraser. 77 75.49%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2005, 08:01 PM

Default Re: i would\'nt pay anything

"ill give someone access to an email file with 500+ sng summaries for 2k"

He said the pro would have to provide reasoning. 2k wouldn't be worth the time, even though the reasoning for each action would take up half a line.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"ill give someone access to an email file with 500+ sng summaries for 2k"

He said the pro would have to provide reasoning. 2k wouldn't be worth the time, even though the reasoning for each action would take up half a line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides Raptor has had breakeven streaks of 500+. Who wants to read through a bunch of tournament summaries of bad beats? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but i may consider paying to look at a pro's summary, provided it's a large enough sample and that he can provide thorough thought processes in his HHs.

[/ QUOTE ]

you do understand that in general, to do that, the pro would require you to pay a pretty heinous amount of money, right?

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

[in general] i assume that a pro would also charge a heinous amount of money to look at your HHs too. my point is not based so on how much a pro would charge; it's based on which one i would get the most benefit from.

key words [ *consider paying ].

*this is mostly based on whether i can afford his fee. considering that most pros would probably charge alot to be worth their time, more than what i can and am willing to pay, it's whatever. i'll learn on my own.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: how much would you pay to have a pro look at your summary?

I'm with Citanul. My risk tolerance is 100%.

Ship it, holla.

Irieguy
Old 07-23-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get people mixed up sometimes but...

Lorinda for sure.

I'm not sure about the rest. I get people mixed up. I think 45suited and IC5 have played a ton of $11s and have done really well. Maybe lastchance too? Someone posted a while back about 38 or 39% ROI over thousands, but I'm not sure who.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the caveat that I kind of suck at poker, I am currently looking over the HHs of a player struggling at the 11s. I would look over another one or two players' HHs for free.

I would never charge people for this since A) I'm not very good admittedly and B) Almost everything that I've learned has been either through trial and error or for free off this forum.

Personally, I would pay to belong to this forum. If I ever meet Curtains, Lorinda, NegativeEV, Adanthar, etc... I would buy them a round of drinks for how much they've helped me without even knowing it.

FWIW, I think that by simply staying out of trouble early (avoiding hands like AQo UTG+1 in level 1 that better players would know how to play properly), avoiding FPS, and good bubble play alone could make anyone a 20% ROI performer on the 11s. Lorinda once wrote that 40% was attainable on the 11s. At one time, I thought that she was wrong, but I firmly believe now that she is right. (Only problem is anyone close to this figure would move up.)

I also think that a good thing to do would be to swap HHs with someone at or near your level.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:17 PM

as i have stated in other threads previously, people would be surprised how little i would charge to look over a few hand histories.

however, there was some sort of thing going on for a 22-33 study grou, if i recall correctly, and while that doesn't necessarilly give you things from the vantage point of a 215s winner, it does give you a good framework for studying with people currently playing in the same games.

citanul
Old 07-24-2005, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with Citanul. My risk tolerance is 100%.

Ship it, holla.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be because you like gambling. Personally I only like winning.

To citanul: sorry for not providing any explanations in my post but what I said is well grounded in conventional gambling theory. Consider it to be the last paragraph of an essay that hasn't been written yet.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:17 AM

i have close to 500 STTs under my belt at the lower buyins. i just want to make sure that im beating them for what they are worth. i read the gildwulf study group post and i think ill go venture into that realm if theyll have me. if not id appreciate anybody willing to personally mentor me by openly responding to any questions i have on aim as they come.

thanks
Old 07-24-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
avoiding FPS ,

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen this b4, what does it mean? pleeze.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
avoiding FPS

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen this b4, what does it mean? pleeze.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fancy Play Syndrome.

What I mean by that is that I just play basic ABC poker for the most part. Playing fundamentally sound SNG strategy will get the job done. Fancy plays aren't necessary at the lower levels IMO.