Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-04-2005, 10:44 PM

Default zuluking makes 4th \"water run\" into the Katrina zone

Made another water run today. The situation is getting better, although many are still being rescued. This time I took water to St. Bernard and Plaquemine parishes, which are being ignored by the feds. Only the help of local citizens is keeping people alive in those parishes. I got home in time to see interviews with the FEMA Director and Homeland Security Director. They both bold faced lied trying to cover their asses. The photo ops with Condi Rice and Donald Rumsfeld made me sick to my stomach. I'm taking tomorrow off, I need a break.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: zuluking makes 4th \"water run\" into the Katrina zone

Nice work Zulu.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:54 PM

thanks.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:16 PM

Thanks bros. I'm actually awake tonight surfing the net for the first time in days. I'd like to thank all the Party Poker fish who have been financing my "water runs" for these past 5 days. DAMN! I missed TWO re-loads! DAMN!
Old 09-04-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got home in time to see interviews with the FEMA Director and Homeland Security Director. They both bold faced lied trying to cover their asses. The photo ops with Condi Rice and Donald Rumsfeld made me sick to my stomach.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a claim like this, you gotta back up. More info please.

Also, thanks for helping those people out.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got home in time to see interviews with the FEMA Director and Homeland Security Director. They both bold faced lied trying to cover their asses. The photo ops with Condi Rice and Donald Rumsfeld made me sick to my stomach.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]It may be hard for him to back them up with anything other than anecdotal evidence.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow bro. I wouldn't even know where to begin. I guess when this eventually blows over, I could write a dissertation on how, in my opinion, the feds blew this one. The examples are many and obvious, even from my small perspective. For now I guess just search my other posts and decide for yourself. I really don't have the brain power to debate it now. Honestly, this is the first time I've been on the internet for an extended period of time in a week. The Single Barrell is tasting goot! And I'm trying to relax for the first time in days. I'll get back to you bro. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:34 PM

Zulu,
What is the deal w/ Brown at FEMA the other guy from Homeland Security? Both are BLATENTLY saying no one could have predicted this occurring to NO. Maybe this will remind them? This is the warning given by the National Hurricane Center on Sunday....

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW ORLEANS LA
1011 AM CDT SUN AUG 28 2005

DEVASTATING DAMAGE EXPECTED

HURRICANE KATRINA A MOST POWERFUL HURRICANE WITH UNPRECEDENTED STRENGTH...RIVALING THE INTENSITY OF HURRICANE CAMILLE OF 1969.

MOST OF THE AREA WILL BE UNINHABITABLE FOR WEEKS...PERHAPS LONGER. AT LEAST ONE HALF OF WELL CONSTRUCTED HOMES WILL HAVE ROOF AND WALL FAILURE. ALL GABLED ROOFS WILL FAIL...LEAVING THOSE HOMES SEVERELY DAMAGED OR DESTROYED.

THE MAJORITY OF INDUSTRIAL BUILDINGS WILL BECOME NON FUNCTIONAL. PARTIAL TO COMPLETE WALL AND ROOF FAILURE IS EXPECTED. ALL WOOD FRAMED LOW RISING APARTMENT BUILDINGS WILL BE DESTROYED. CONCRETE BLOCK LOW RISE APARTMENTS WILL SUSTAIN MAJOR DAMAGE...INCLUDING SOME
WALL AND ROOF FAILURE.

HIGH RISE OFFICE AND APARTMENT BUILDINGS WILL SWAY DANGEROUSLY...A FEW TO THE POINT OF TOTAL COLLAPSE. ALL WINDOWS WILL BLOW OUT.

Or maybe this warning that was given will remind them?....

SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA SEEMS POISED FOR A DATE WITH DESTINY AS
CATEGORY 5 HURRICANE KATRINA CONTINUES TO KEEP A BEAD ON BARATARIA
BAY AND THE GREATER NEW ORLEANS AREA.

NEEDLESS TO SAY...THE WORST CAN BE ANTICIPATED AND URGENCY ISBEING STRESSED IN ALL PRODUCTS AS A WORST CASE HURRICANE SCENARIO FOR THIS VERY FRAGILE AND VULNERABLE STRETCH OF U.S. COASTLINE.

THINGS WILL BE
DETIORATING STEADILY FROM THIS POINT FORWARD FOR THE NEXT 24
HOURS.

GOOD LUCK AND GODSPEED TO ALL IN THE
PATH OF THIS STORM.

If I were directly affected by the hurricane, I would be outraged at the numerous clusterf00ks the hurricane has brought. Max Mayfield the Director of the NHC called up the mayor of NO and Gov. of LA on Saturday afternoon and told them that they should expect over 50,000 deaths unless NO was evacuated. Only on Sunday (after speaking to Bush) did the mayor and governor come on TV and tell citizens to leave. By that point, it was well too late for the poorer citizens to leave. If anyone remembers watching the news last Sunday, the citizens of NO were being told that the levee system was going to fail. Now, 6 days later Chertoff or whatever his name is; is saying there was no way anyone knew the levee system would fail. BUULLLLSHHHIIIITTT!!!! FEMA has been warning NO for YEARS that failure was imminent in a Cat. 3 hurricane, let alone a Cat. 4 or 5.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:24 AM

I love you Zuluking, it kills me everyday being far away and unable to do anything, and reading of your efforts makes me feel better.

After we escaped the hurricane, my friends car broke down in your city, and every single person who walked by stopped and made sure we were OK and asked what they could do to help. The people of Lafayette got us out of our jam, and I'll always remeber that.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the evidence has been televised, but you can be sure it will be documented in print and online in the coming weeks. Seek and ye shall find. The early evidence seems in favor of lying or incompetence, take your pick.

Here is a summary of some of the things said by FEMA and Homeland Security compared with news reports and comments from local officials:

The big disconnect on New Orleans

I didn't see the photo ops with Rice and Rumsfeld, so I cannot confirm or deny that they induce naseau, but I would give zuluking the benefit of the doubt here.

P.S. zuluking -- thanks for doing what you can for those people -- they need all the help they can get.