[ QUOTE ]
I have nothing against cops

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Subject: Cops Suck

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-25-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Cops Suck

yeah, you should offer. drivers wind up paying a lot of money in maintenance, insurance, gas, etc, and non-drivers get a ton of benefit. throw him some cash, especially if it's a b.s. ticket.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have nothing against cops

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Subject: Cops Suck

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok ok, i suck at making subjects... "Do I pay the Ticket?" woulda been much better.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:14 PM

What does your title have to do with your post? Should you have truthfully titled it "Drug addicts who can't drive suck!" ?
Old 07-25-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, you should offer. drivers wind up paying a lot of money in maintenance, insurance, gas, etc, and non-drivers get a ton of benefit. throw him some cash, especially if it's a b.s. ticket.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain why the cop suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you coulda seen it, I think you would agree. He came so close to stopping and it was out in the country at 2 AM at a T intersection with 1 stop sign. We were really nice to the cop and he just seemed like a total douche. I have nothing against cops cuz I'm strongly considering that profession, but 72 bucks just didn't fit the crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't running a stop a moving violation also? who ever the ticket is against might have to pay a bigger insurance premium.
I am not helping am I?
Old 07-25-2005, 05:20 PM

First off, your title sucks, given the scenario you wrote about. Second, you sound more ticked about the amount of the ticket than the fact that you got one, however, in all likelihood the LEO had no latitude in the amount. If it was me I'd have given probably you a ticket too (I'm not a LEO) since IMO the penalties for excessive speeders, tailgaters, and stop sign/light runners should be raised to the point where they actually become a deterrant. Don't get me started on drunk drivers.

</$.02>

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain why the cop suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you coulda seen it, I think you would agree. He came so close to stopping and it was out in the country at 2 AM at a T intersection with 1 stop sign. We were really nice to the cop and he just seemed like a total douche. I have nothing against cops cuz I'm strongly considering that profession, but 72 bucks just didn't fit the crime.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-25-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, your title sucks, given the scenario you wrote about. Second, you sound more ticked about the amount of the ticket than the fact that you got one, however, in all likelihood the LEO had no latitude in the amount. If it was me I'd have given probably you a ticket too (I'm not a LEO) since IMO the penalties for excessive speeders, tailgaters, and stop sign/light runners should be raised to the point where they actually become a deterrant. Don't get me started on drunk drivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, why don't you address the question of whether or not you think it would be a good gesture for him to pay half the ticket.

Getting a ticket for a moving violation like rolling through a stop sign flat out blows, I don't care what anyone says. People need to open their eyes and lighten up.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:33 PM

Ok, if I was the driver I wouldn't expect anyone to pay me half so, no, I wouldn't offer to pay half either.
I didn't ask my friend to roll the stop sign, just give me a ride.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, why don't you address the question of whether or not you think it would be a good gesture for him to pay half the ticket.

Getting a ticket for a moving violation like rolling through a stop sign flat out blows, I don't care what anyone says. People need to open their eyes and lighten up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-25-2005, 05:57 PM

2am, out in the middle of nowhere, 3 or 4 guys in a car that rolls through a stop. The cop didn't care about the stop. He was looking for a DUI or possession bust.

Now, you can look at that 2 ways:
1 - he was trying to make sure the streets of Nowhere Iowa are safe for 80year old ladies returning from Bingo
OR
2 - he's a bastard pig looking to get a nice arrest and get a promotion.

I tend to be an optimist, so I go with #1.

As for your argument that the $72 doesn't fit the crime - that's not the cops, thats someone in some legislative branch somewhere.

As for "pay the ticket or not?"
You're not under any obligation, but offering isn't a bad thing since they came back to get you.

As for your future career in law enforcement :
writing posts titled "cops suck" that include lines like:

[ QUOTE ]
I called my friend back and he said they were driving out to this guys house to do a lil smokin... so I asked if they could drive back and get me.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably isn't a good thing to include on your resume.

ThisHo