Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Stars $27, Overpair in a raised pot

Quick question for those who suck less than me:

Why does calling preflop suck here?

10 10 isn't the greatest raising hand....
Theres no antes.... I guess I might have underestimated the pot. (T550) worth taking by pushing it through....but then only to get called only by JJ+....so I don't see the horribleness of calling and seeing what comes out.

I *DO* think that you should make a decision pre-flop wether or not you have the best hand at that moment....that decision would help you to know to push here or fold here w/no set....

someone explain this to me 'cuz I suck and think calling this PF isn't so bad....
Old 12-18-2005, 01:48 AM

With you showing no real aggression preflop, doesn't this look more like a continuation bet with an AK/Q/J? But i think i would have either folded or reraised preflop like most people said. The way the hand turned out i would probably reraise and fold to an all-in. Or is not shoving the wrong play here since it risks too many of my chips?

edit: nvm i see now i would be pot commited so i should all-in or fold.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:27 AM

you guys are too worried about playing your cards rather than playing the situation. The fact of the matter is a big stack came in for a 400 raise, and has put in a bet on the flop. You really have no idea if your hand is good or not. You have a very healthy stack and can coast to the bubble without getting involved in a confrontation with another big stack.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:30 AM

I ended up pushing the flop and he showed me JJ and took it down. In retrospect folding preflop was probably the best play, but I don't hate how I played it.