Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-12-2005, 01:42 PM

Default party 15/30- folded QQ preflop

All players involved appear to be playing in line with their pt pf stats, but i dont have any other reads really.

38/13 (with otherwise poor stats) raises EMP.
32/12 (with otherwise reasonable stats) 3bets MP.
20/9 (with good stats all around) caps MP.

I look down a QQ on the button and muck it.

Thoughts?

2nd
Old 12-12-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: party 15/30- folded QQ preflop

I call. Laying down the third best hand preflop, Never. Cap could be Jacks a-k or a-q or many other hands.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:52 PM

Looks fairly neutral EV. There's a good chance two of them have AK/AQ/AJ thereby reducing the chance of an A falling and the other having a PP lower than QQ. You could call planning on folding to any A or K on the board.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:21 PM

It's close. Had any of the other players involved in the hand been far out of line recently? If so, I'd be more likely to put the 20/9 on less than AA or KK and play the hand.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:35 PM

ive been dabbling in fullring the last couple days after like 300k hands at shorthanded and if you guys are folding qq preflop i am running away from this game as fast as possible.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:54 PM

Interesting. The 38/13 2betting range is very wide here, certainly much wider then the standard 13% since he's opening in EMP. While the 32/12 may or may not have PT, i'm sure he's played enough to know that the PFR's standards are going to be a little bit lower, so his 3 betting range is also expanded beyond the 12%. The 20/9 probably has info on both players, and his range is expanded slightly, but not by much.

I'm pretty sure i'd call here, but not sure i'd like it...

lf
Old 12-12-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call. Laying down the third best hand preflop, Never. Cap could be Jacks a-k or a-q or many other hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-12-2005, 11:37 PM

Tough spot. I would need a lot of history against the 20/9 player to justify this play. I know it feels dirty calling 4 cold preflop, but the pot is going to be big and you could very easily have the best hand. MP could easily have the same stats that you do on the 2 LAGS in question and could be making this play with any number of hands. However, he could also be making this with a very narrow range of hands as well. I can't see how folding Q-Q preflop in a limit game is a good idea, but you might be able to convince me otherwise if you had strong read on MP.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:28 PM

Thanks for the responses.

Didnt really have a strong read and didnt feel great about the play afterwards, even though 20/9 did turn over KK at showdown.

2nd
Old 12-16-2005, 07:33 AM

flop comes raggy and you're screwed probably. flop comes with an A or a K and you're screwed b/c you paid a lot to see your hand land in the muck.. i dont pay capped PF w/ QQ unless im the one doing the capping against LAG opponents.. the MP caps here.. its a good fold most of the time no matteer what he turns up.. all you have to do is know how good your decision is in the long run.. not the short term results.