Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: OT: HOW can i prove i\'m not a BOT???

I have no idea if unreal/juicy is a bot, but I would be curious to know why he did not answer the popups.

It seems like it would have made his life much simpler.

Peace,

KennyBanya
Old 11-28-2005, 11:33 AM

i kinda wanna sue unreal for making fish afraid to put their money in partypoker for fear of being accused of being bots
Old 11-28-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea if unreal/juicy is a bot, but I would be curious to know why he did not answer the popups.

It seems like it would have made his life much simpler.

Peace,

KennyBanya

[/ QUOTE ]

Party isn't stupid, they wouldn't just close the account of a big money player and member of 2+2 boards if there wasn't something fishy going on with his account. The guy plays $22s and he's higher on the leaderboard than ppl who are playing $215s and $109s 40+ hours a week. That is virtually impossible unless someone is playing shifts on his account (prob also illegal) or he is a bot. Also, why wouldn't he just move up instead of playing this many $22s? It's probably possible for a bot to do well with a basic push/fold strategy in the $22s, but this prob wouldn't work at higher levels. That is likely the reason he's stayed at $22s. No sane person would play that many $22s without moving up or going broke.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No sane person would play that many $22s without moving up or going broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

This whole thing smells fishy, but this statement is very very untrue. I think a REALLY sane person would play the 22's if they were just after the money and felt their hourly was better 10 tabling them continous than say 4 tabling the 109's in sets. I sometimes wish I had control of my ego enough to play at a lower level than my bankroll will allow to have a more stable stream of income.

Many top posters here have tried to do this, some are trying to do it right now.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No sane person would play that many $22s without moving up or going broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

This whole thing smells fishy, but this statement is very very untrue. I think a REALLY sane person would play the 22's if they were just after the money and felt their hourly was better 10 tabling them continous than say 4 tabling the 109's in sets. I sometimes wish I had control of my ego enough to play at a lower level than my bankroll will allow to have a more stable stream of income.

Many top posters here have tried to do this, some are trying to do it right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming all you care about is cash I refuse to believe it isn't more profitable moving up the SNG ladder. If you have played a few thousand $22s and you are doing reasonably well and are a solid player it is crazy not to attempt to move up. Your ROI doesn't have to be near as good in the 55s to make more than the 22s, and there is no way the competition is twice as good. I have a double digit ROI at the 55s and as soon as my BR is sufficient I'm definitely moving up to 109s. There is no way the 109s are twice as tough as the 55s so it would make no sense for me to stay at the 55s longer than I had to. The only players who SHOULD stay at the 22s after 5000 or so SNGs are ones who have a ROI of under 10%. They probably wouldn't fare very well in the 55s. Even then I would recommend playing the 33s. Keep in mind if you have a 10% ROI at the 22s and have played 5000 you will have over $10,000 in profit (not including RB). You're saying that this person should stay at 22s instead of moving up to 33s? That is crazy advice.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That sucks that you lose 15k and I would highly advise against trying to get legal with party. If you try to scare them by sharing your 'bad experiences' with others in an attempt to get your money back you might get sued yourself. Watch out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the least of your concerns. A company that operates in an industry that the U.S. government views as illegal is not going to come to the U.S. to file a defamation suit against someone posting in an online forum. Because of the same reason, you can't go seek an injunction in U.S. courts because 1)they're based in Gibraltar and aren't in U.S. jurisdiction and 2)internet gambling is illegal.

We all take on risk playing on these sites because we have no recourse against any decision they make (see Dutch Boyd ). While that situation is different from this one, it illustrates the risks of such activities.

Unreal, if you are legit I'd keep fighting. Offer to do whatever they ask, be willing to offer any evidence, and do it frequently so that they don't forget about you. Forget about lawyers, unless you want to catch a flight and sue in the Gibraltar Magistrates Court. They won't respond to a U.S. lawsuit and more than likely it would be thrown out anyway since it's an illegal activity.

-SonnyJay
Old 11-28-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: OT: Excerpted by Citanul: Proving I\'m not a bot

I wanted to break out this part of this thread because I think that there's a lot of total freaking BS contained herein. Have fun ripping people to shreds who say stupid things in this part of this thread.

c
Old 11-28-2005, 02:55 PM

For a moment, let's toss our emotions aside and take a good look at this situation.

If Party's allegations are true, then juicyv_gina has to be the most successful bot to date. The fact that it (a) won the weekly leaderboard several times and (b) showed tremendous monetary gain says a lot about the potential for bots to generate tremendous profits at low limit SNGs.

Has anyone logged a significant number of games with juicyv_gina? I'd be curious to see how the bot played in levels 1 and 2 of $22 SNGs. I know I played at least a dozen times with juicy... I'll have to pore over some hand histories myself.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:57 PM

if I remember right my roommate remembered seeing some potential donkish moves out of juicy early levels in the beginning of the month, which I would say is probably not what a bot would be programmed to do.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if I remember right my roommate remembered seeing some potential donkish moves out of juicy early levels in the beginning of the month, which I would say is probably not what a bot would be programmed to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any basic bot should enable the creator to take over, so an odd play or a single comment in the chat window doesn't eliminate it being a bot.

Anyway, that is not what is used to identify if someone is using a bot. Unrealistic hours, unrealistic responsetimes, not replying to popups etc are stronger indicators.