Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 08-18-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Re: My Experience at Hollywood Poker (PokerRoom) thus far

If I missed it and you put it in your post, Im sorry, but you are allowed to play 4 or 5 tables max (pokerroom, I play but the software should be the same for all) you can play many more tables by jumping on every waiting list and the tables pop up when a seat is open, I was playing like or 9 a few onths ago clearing a bonus and tried to open another one and the software said I am allowed to only have 4 open, so for clearing bonuses and RB, you can/should still be able to jump on more tables at one time.

oh, does the HP $1000 is that RB + bonus or just a one time bonus? and does it have a time limit, because unless you are a full time player, I would imagine playing that many hands in 30 or 60 days would be quite taxing.

tobdog
Old 08-19-2005, 01:07 AM

I don't know what limits you play but BonusWhores has a new feature that breaks all of this down for you.

http://www.bonuswhores.com/bonus-grid.php
Old 08-19-2005, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At 1 hand per minute, this would take 621 table hours to do... at four tables, that's 155 hours.
So the total bonus would work out to ($722 + 1000) / 155, or about $11.12 per hour.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey good write up.
So doing the bonus+rakeback at 2/4 and 3/6 should equal about $3 an hour per table? That doesn't sound to good if you're playing for bonuses.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:47 AM

Here is a long and painful method to get GameTime+ to work with Pokerroom skins.

Once you do this, it remembers it for future session.

First go to options-preferences and disable avatars. You don't need the characters and you would prefer more screen real estate for GT+ stats.

Now the problem with not being able to drag the stats to the correct location is the Pokerroom software siezes control of the mouse as soon as it enters the table area. So you need to be able to get the mouse on top of the player stat you want to move without Pokerroom thinking you've moved the mouse over its table.

There are two ways. One that is hit and miss is to put your mouse directly over a player stat and then hit ALT-TAB to go to another application, and then ALT-TAB back without moving your mouse.

The other more annoying but definite way to do it is to open an application like Notepad. Resize it and position it so it overlaps the pokerroom game table right at the players stat you want to move. Then go to notepad and click to activate it. Slowly drag your mouse to the edge of notepad and ever so slightly onto the players stats in the GT+ overlay. If you do it right you'll see the GT+ stats drop and you click and drag and position it where you want. Then move the notepad window to overlap the next players stats. And repeat.

You'll find that you may need to make minor adjustments later on, because where you thought was a good placement for stats will cover your cards when you sit in that particular seat.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:11 PM

Its worth noting that you only have 60 days to clear the 1K bonus.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think it is faster to clear the bonus at Limit or NL?

I have downloaded the software, and I like some of it and don't like other things about it. The graphics are cool but it is hard to follow the action sometimes. And I was playin in a freeroll there and got AJsuited...went to raise and the table closed...by the time I got back to the table I had folded the hand and the flop came out AJx....so I was a little disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man, I normally only play NLHE to blow off steam, so I'm not sure about clearing bonuses using NLHE.

Also, you probably know this, but you should only be upset that you had folded AJ, and not about what happened on the flop...
Old 08-19-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its worth noting that you only have 60 days to clear the 1K bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm goign to try to do it in 30, if I decide to continue, though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2005, 03:01 PM

Titans, thanks for the heads-up, I'll definitely check this out. I'm kinda curious if there's any terms (like: you can't w/d until you're done), or stuff like that. Otherwise this is worth just a quick deposit and withdrawl, to leave it waiting for me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2005, 03:02 PM

Thanks to ratfink and tobdog!

Great suggestion guys.

Also, I've heard that the newwest ver of GT+ let's you drag around despite PR's client. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(I'm mildly curious if this was told to me by someone using the java version, and therefore not accurate. I haven't tested it yet. I'm also curious if you can still get hand histories in the java version, using a db, or if it's not allowed, due to limitations in java script. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ).

--Dave.

--------------------

I'd also like to note that you have to sit out to get more chips to put on the table... this could result in missing a hand or something like that. Kinda gay!

You don't have to stand up, just sit out of play while you do it. So buy in with a big stack, guys!
Old 08-19-2005, 03:15 PM

Pokertracker doesn't work with the Java version since it doesn't store your hand histories.