Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Probability

Old 08-14-2003, 10:45 PM

Default Suggestion for BruceZ

Hello Bruce,
All of us enjoy Your work on this forum, here is a mere suggestion, put the most popular poker probability answers plus the formulas in a book form. I for sure would purchase one.
here is two questions.
1- what is the probability of low getting there in Omaha assuming that have two low cards in Your hand?
2- what is the probability of drawing to two over card in hodem after the flop and pairing either one.
Thank You [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2003, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Suggestion for BruceZ

All of us enjoy Your work on this forum, here is a mere suggestion, put the most popular poker probability answers plus the formulas in a book form.

Thanks for the kind words. It has been suggested. I'll see what I can do.

1- what is the probability of low getting there in Omaha assuming that have two low cards in Your hand?

Are you capitalizing the Y on purpose? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] If you have 2 cards 8 or lower and 2 cards above 8, the probability of making an 8-low or better is:

[ (24*20*16/3!)*C(18,2) +
(24*20*16*12/4!)*18 + 6*6*20*16/2 +
24*20*16*12*8/5! + 6*6*20*16*12/3! + C(6,2)*6*6*16 + 6*4*20*16/2 ] / C(48,5)
=18.2%

I've separated the terms for getting 3,4, or 5 low cards on different lines. There are 30 low cards in the deck, but only 24 can be used without pairing your hole cards. There are 18 high cards. The second term on the second line is for the board pairing once. Same thing on the third line. The third term on the third line is for the board pairing twice. The last term on the 3rd line is for trips on the board.

2- what is the probability of drawing to two over card in hodem after the flop and pairing either one.

If you have overcards on the flop, the probability of pairing one by the river is 1 minus the probability of not pairing or:

1 - (41/47)*(40/46) = 24.1%

Is this all you wanted, or did you want to the probability before the flop or before the deal?
Old 08-15-2003, 11:59 AM

Thank you very mucch, if you be kind enough to give me the answer before the deal and the flop, it would be much appriciated. but please put them in terms of odds as well as percentages. Thank you
Old 08-16-2003, 09:12 PM

Its already been done, at least for Hold 'em. The Hold Em Odds book explains how to do virtually every calculation (which can be generalized into other games), as well as tables of the most common probabilities. I forget the author,but I got it at Conjelco.