Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2004, 09:10 PM

Default Basic dilemma

Ten-seat table gone short to five in this 30/60 game. The anti-hero and I play in the same games together a lot. He's got some weak spots in his game (so do I) but overall he's the toughest opponent in the cardroom where we play.

I've been at this table for about three hours, mostly folding because of bad cards. A few hands previous my aces took a beat.

Anyway, it's folded to him one off the button, he raises, button folds, I see QQ in the small blind and reraise, the big blind folds and he caps.

The flop is KK2, suits unimportant. I bet, he raises, I reraise, he folds.

Any comments appreciated.

Legian
Old 07-11-2004, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Basic dilemma

I don't see the point of 3 betting. There is only one overcard to your pair and since he is a good player who plays with you alot your 3 bet will let him get away from most hands you beat. I would call and check call turn and river so that i minimize my loss when he has AA or a K and maximize my win in the more likely event he is way behind.

-Ezcheeze
Old 07-11-2004, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Basic dilemma

[ QUOTE ]
I would call and check call turn and river so that i minimize my loss when he has AA or a K and maximize my win in the more likely event he is way behind

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I suspect you're right, this is probably the default play to make on flops like this out of position though I doubt he would put in much more money if he was behind. I guess I shouldn't worry so much about giving him cheap or free cards on the occaisions he is drawing slim.

Thanks, Legian