Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2004, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Sandwiches

Those sandwiches are heavenly.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:13 PM

Default A question

Do hamburgers and hotdogs count as sandwiches or are they disqualified simply because the meat has been heated?
Old 09-25-2004, 10:40 PM

Default Re: A question

Blasphemer! Heretic!
Old 09-25-2004, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blasphemer! Heretic!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. In that case the best-ever sandwich is made by picking a ripe Tuscan tomato from the vine, slicing it into four pieces, and then placing the slices onto a freshly baked baguette.

From this point on it gets a bit idiosynchratic. Personally I like chopping a slice of red onion over the tomato, drizzling some olive oil on top and then giving it a generous grinding of fresh black pepper.

My wife on the other hand won't eat this sandwich without mayonaise (she's American).

Regardless, it is best when washed down with a white Montecarlo or Galestro though I choose those simply because it's best to drink wine which is from the region of your produce. As I doubt many of you vacation or live in Italy or by great good luck happen to have a Tuscan white in the old cellar do feel free to substitute with any dry white which may be available. It goes well with a cold lager too.

Legian
Old 09-26-2004, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just make sure you buy it from a really fat Jewish dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

always a +EV play when it comes to deli meats.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As I doubt many of you vacation or live in Italy or by great good luck happen to have a Tuscan white in the old cellar.

Legian

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, nobody goes there ... its too crowded.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's spelled Sammich.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or as my late Italian grandmother used to say sangwich.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:01 PM

Just had a sandwich recently at my local lunch stop that I had never heard of before and was excellent. It was a chicken salad BLT. It was your standard chicken salad sandwich with of course bacon lettuce and tomato.

I now ask for it even when they don't have it as the special because it was so good.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:38 PM

If you could start this trend, Dynasty... maybe you can help pull the Wonder Bread makers out of bankruptcy.

-RMJ
Old 09-26-2004, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone before me mentioned something about peanut butter on some sort of whole grain or multisomething bread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I like to eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches on whole wheat bread. I do not think this is a mistake, but actually very tasty. I survived between the ages of 8 and 15 largely on these sandwiches.

However there is also an amazing French restaurant in West Stockbridge, MA, called Rouge, where, aside from your rather typical twenty-to-thirty-dollar-entree elite cuisine (very good) they have a bar menu with these enormous sandwiches for 8 bucks or so, and they come with the best 'pommes frites' this world has ever seen. Each batch fried in fresh olive oil and seasoned brilliantly. The sandwiches include a steak sandwich with jack cheese, lettuce, onions and tomatoes, or a pulled-pork and jalapeno pepper concoction that makes me moist just to imagine it. Yeah, I guess you might call it cheating cause the meat is 'heated,' but if you're talking about sandwiches as hearty, tasty food priced well below what a meal of similar quality might be, these fit the bill.

NT