Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Re: *TT* rates OOT\'s fashion sense

[ QUOTE ]
It matches my mid-century modern sensibilities,

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the same thing as 'early Playboy Magazine'?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*TT*

i usually just buy my jeans from old navy or the gap. apparently the fabric sucks etc. however, i never knew what i was missing buy wearing nicer jeans. can you tell me what brands i should look into buying?

i need them to be baggy and have a huge cockpit area.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you are just starting out, you can't go wrong with Diesel. Amazing denim, it will last for ages. They really are the reason why Levis is in the shitter now.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You certainly can go wrong with Diesel. It's Euro-trash. For an authentic better than A&F look go to Lucky.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Went with this sweater

These pants

These shoes

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, Great, and Good. Problem with Puma is that its too common, you need to mix it up a bit... but at the same time its a great look.

[/ QUOTE ]

V-neck sweater & undershirt showing, that's not so hot. What are we supposed to do about? v-neck undershirt?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*TT*

i usually just buy my jeans from old navy or the gap. apparently the fabric sucks etc. however, i never knew what i was missing buy wearing nicer jeans. can you tell me what brands i should look into buying?

i need them to be baggy and have a huge cockpit area.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you are just starting out, you can't go wrong with Diesel. Amazing denim, it will last for ages. They really are the reason why Levis is in the shitter now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You certainly can go wrong with Diesel. It's Euro-trash. For an authentic better than A&F look go to Lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both Lucky and Diesel are clients of mine. Diesel makes much better denim for men both in fit and fabric quality, and has a better brand image. Lucky's womans line has a much better cut, so its closer. Either way, you usually can't go wrong. Alternatively you can also give Mavi a shot... I'm not a fan of their brand image, but their new Nomad Tribe denim line kicks ass. As mentioned before Energie & Sixty (same company, you might know of them as Miss Sixty, which is larger in the USA. Energie is the parent company and the bigger brand world wide) are also great options.

At the same time I'd never recommend brands such as A&F or American Eagle. Its just a step above the Gap from what I have seen.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Went with this sweater

These pants

These shoes

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, Great, and Good. Problem with Puma is that its too common, you need to mix it up a bit... but at the same time its a great look.

[/ QUOTE ]

V-neck sweater & undershirt showing, that's not so hot. What are we supposed to do about? v-neck undershirt?

[/ QUOTE ]

I see nothing wrong with that look, providing the t-shirt is crisp, clean, and form fitting. I wouldn't wear a "Pedro for President" t-shirt underneath as an example. If you have a good chest then wearing the sweater sans-undershirt works as well.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It matches my mid-century modern sensibilities,

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the same thing as 'early Playboy Magazine'?

[/ QUOTE ]

link to Wikipedia's page on Mid-Century Modernisim. Trust me, its cool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Check out the Case Study houses, its been my asthetic inspiration, I collect furnature from this period. For further research explore Charles & Ray Eames, Ero Seranin (spelling?), Florence Knoll, Herman Miller (same company who makes the great chairs), Naguchi, etc.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the same time I'd never recommend brands such as A&F or American Eagle. Its just a step above the Gap from what I have seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

No arguement there.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT,

I'm 38 married and most of my clothes come from Jos A Banks. I have plenty of nice button down shirts, cashmere (real deal) sweaters, dress and casual slacks, GAP jeans and nice shoes (brown, black, burgandy). I think I have the dad/husband/successful businessman look down.

Where can I get something that keeps me looking hip for an old guy? My build is average to athletic.I have this for around town.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't "look" successful in Gap jeans. I'd like to see photos of yourself in a standard days outfit, and lets see where we can take you to jazz it up a bit. For you instead of t-shirts (I love the James Brown one) I think we need to take you up quite a few notches since the words success and dad are part of your moniker. Those who know me well has experienced the 24-hour TT suit-a-thon, thats right... I wear a suit jacket all the time. I think we need to explore a similar look for you, there is a way to dress "corporate" yet very hip at the same time.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:23 PM

Thanks. I'll search for some pics when I get home from the office.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:26 PM

TT I have a lot of Ben Sherman short sleeve shirts. Opinion?