Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: First day at college

[ QUOTE ]
awesome friggin day for you bro. Say hello to at least 5 years of the best years of your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

stretching it to 6 makes it a lot more fun, plus you can get more [censored] up
Old 08-15-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did the whole greek system use the deferred rush, or just ATO?

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole greek system, both fraternities and sororities.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:40 PM

Damn I missed this thread. Well as a 6th year I think I can offer some great advice.

1) Connect as widely as possible. Make friends, don't be dicks to the uncool people, join some organizations that are of interest/value/not time consuming. Knowing more people is clutch. There a zillion reasons, most of which are obvious. I stress again, join an organization/club that is non dorky and allows you to meet people (especially freshman).

2. Be honest with yourself about workload and the grades you are achieving. To clarify that, just because you understood everything the first 4 weeks in lecture and aced the first test, doesn't mean you can stop going to class. Be honest when deciding if lecture is worthwhile or not.

3) Everything else you'll figure out on your own. Most importantly if and when you come back to ATL PM me and we'll see about a night of drinking in buckhead with the friends "I bought" - ID or no ID.

Enjoy yourself

-oh yeah some of those organizations have benifits like Priority registration. We have a freshman oreintation program and a "Connect with Tech" program. If you do either you get to register as soon as the last football player is done and before 99% of everyone else. No AM classes is a good thing.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To clarify that, just because you understood everything the first 4 weeks in lecture and aced the first test, doesn't mean you can stop going to class. Be honest when deciding if lecture is worthwhile or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd take this a step further. Make a habit attending class 95% of the time. It will save you tons of grief and lots and lots of hours of catch-up study time.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To clarify that, just because you understood everything the first 4 weeks in lecture and aced the first test, doesn't mean you can stop going to class. Be honest when deciding if lecture is worthwhile or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd take this a step further. Make a habit attending class 95% of the time. It will save you tons of grief and lots and lots of hours of catch-up study time.

[/ QUOTE ]

But skipping class is so much more fun.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But skipping class is so much more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say its a better idea to always go to class and never have to do any of that crappy reading. Thats the way to go in all honesty.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He got a 1500 on his SATs and he is in the honors program and he lives in the honors dorm, you really think he is going to have trouble studying/going to class/getting good grades?
Old 08-16-2005, 06:03 PM

Most likely no. Depends on the class though doesn't it. There are plenty of those brilliant people @ GT, but I'd estimate 95% of their grade reflects how hard they work in the class, not how smart they are.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:17 PM

actually yes. i am lazy as hell. which is reaaally bad.

i am also really having a difficult time balancing women.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am also really having a difficult time balancing women.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feast or famine my friend.

Balancing > famine. Well done.