Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Trainwreck

I'll call it 4 handed 250/500.

Button is def a losing player (ie in a 5 handed game many months ago he was 52/35 PF and not great postflop) though I speculate he's a lot better than he used to be.

Boutros is a top-notch player. IMHO perhaps the best 4-6 handed player online (I can think of mb 2-3 others who I'd say are in the same league). He plays pretty tight and is very tough postflop.

Button opens, I call in SB with Qd9d. Boutros calls in the BB.

So far in this game I have 3 bet the button twice from the SB, missed on both flops in which he's raised my continuation bet both times, and I've check/folded the turn because the board has sucked for my hand. I have also defended my BB against button once and folded to his flop bet. So in his eyes, I have the image of being run-overable, so I'm toning it down PF. Also, one of the reasons to 3-bet -- getting Boutros out PF -- isn't quite as important because he is tight and most of the hands that he'll fold for three bets he'll fold for two bets anyway. However, maybe I should still be 3 betting this time though given my image I felt calling was best. OK, no more PF.

Flop: Qc 6c 3s.

Check, check, button bets, I raise, Boutros 3 bets, button folds.

What's a good plan the rest of the way? Also FWIW I really think he expects I have a hand like 76.