Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: *****Official Astros-White Sox World Series Thread*****

1540 do you play ball for Rice.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:42 PM

No, but I wish I did. I played at San Jac, and will be at Texas State in the spring... Im in a "transition". Right now I play in some D2 Level club leagues.

God what I wouldn't give to play at Rice. Such a crappy team, I could probably start, and what a great education.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:51 PM

I know how you feel. I played Baseball for Lamar. Had the chance to walk-on at Rice with my 1300 but didn't get any scholarships and that price tag is huge.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree completely with you about both teams being mentally tough, I just wanted to hear from the fans of the other side, as I didn't know much about the team.

As for my spelling and punctuation, I guess I didn't realize that such things would be so closely policed on an internet forum.

I suppose that instead of finding errors in your previous posts, which I'm sure exist, I'll just remember that I got a 1540 on my SAT (mental toughness, mmmmm) and remember that grammar nazi's like you will try to dodge questions by pointing out small grammatical errors.

Good Game, and sieg heil.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're quickly turning into a douche bag. It was a joke...notice the: [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Somebody's taking themselves a bit too seriously. Post your resume on Monster.com...I wouldn't wipe my ass with your 1540 SAT score. If you're so smart, act like it.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:45 PM

Nothing but respect for the Astros and White Sox, they have had great seasons, and both deserve to finally be there. But I do not plan on watching the World Series this year for the first time since I can remember. Maybe it's because i'm a Yankee fan, and all the interest has been sucked out of me after the past 2 ALCS...but these teams have no interest to me whatsoever. Sure there are some great story lines...you have Bags and Biggio who have played 33 seasons between them and finally making their first WS appearance, the dominant pitching with both teams, etc etc, but in the end, I think I'd rather watch reruns of Seinfeld.

Am I the only one here that feels like this?
Old 10-20-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing but respect for the Astros and White Sox, they have had great seasons, and both deserve to finally be there. But I do not plan on watching the World Series this year for the first time since I can remember. Maybe it's because i'm a Yankee fan, and all the interest has been sucked out of me after the past 2 ALCS...but these teams have no interest to me whatsoever. Sure there are some great story lines...you have Bags and Biggio who have played 33 seasons between them and finally making their first WS appearance, the dominant pitching with both teams, etc etc, but in the end, I think I'd rather watch reruns of Seinfeld.

Am I the only one here that feels like this?

[/ QUOTE ]
As a White Sox fan, that's fine with me. I didn't watch the W/S in '04 or in '03, other than just in passing. The rest of the country's disinterest in this series doesn't bother me a bit. I do find it curious that you'd take the time to post about a matchup that you could care less about.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:56 PM

It is fine not to watch because you are a Yankee fan and obviously not a fan of baseball.

This WS will be a true showing of how good baseball is played, with actual strategy compared to most AL slug fests.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:59 PM

ugh. Im sorry, I was being mostly facetious, I did notice the [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], and Im sorry.

my bad, and I will try to keep it down. I have had a bad run in or two with smug older people.

jeez I feel sheepish.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh. Im sorry, I was being mostly facetious, I did notice the [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], and Im sorry.

my bad, and I will try to keep it down. I have had a bad run in or two with smug older people.

jeez I feel sheepish.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean old!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Just kidding dude. No problem. I'm actually impressed with this reply. Let's just look forward to a great series. I'm sure we'll see each other in this thread quite a bit over the next 10 days. Good luck.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is fine not to watch because you are a Yankee fan and obviously not a fan of baseball.

This WS will be a true showing of how good baseball is played, with actual strategy compared to most AL slug fests.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a fan of baseball though. I've watched every series since 90 (i was 6 then, and i hated the reds growing up). Sometimes i'm pissed at the Yankees for being that slugging team, because there are times when i think a bunt should be let down and small ball should be played, but not doing it because the guy at the plate has a monster OPS, and then he strikes out trying to swing too hard, etc etc.

I seriously think there's this huge let down this year. In 03, you had great playoff series all around, last year, there was the killer ALCS, and this year, it's just sort of "eh".