Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: AQ 5/10 6max hand

Check-fold. No money should go in on this river vs. a random opponent. KQ is (oops) the only two hands you're ahead of willing to call a bet, but they will sometimes fold and they don't represent 50%+ of the hand range that calls the bet (prob like 25%). Worse hands don't bet the river very often, especially in pots of this size. You can muck. Folding to river value bets saves big money.

Rest of hand is good.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:29 PM

interesting that you say this, cant he ever bluff clubs here? His turn play is consistent with a draw, but of course he is representing KJ if he bets.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:56 PM

This is a well though out and crafted response. This is why I come here. I really appreciate the effort as this will make me a better player.

As for explaining what greg nice was referring to, I think that he needs to be responsible for his own childish and antisocial bullshit.

When this forum is good, it's amazing, when it's bad, it's a total waste of time and a joke.

Thanks again, VanVeen

Marlow
Old 09-26-2005, 07:05 PM

I realize that you have no reads but if you think KJ is likely to be in his range of UTG raising hands, then I think you should reraise preflop.

as played, I like a blocker on the river better because there is no way he can remove KJ from your range of hands and there are lots of hands he will have trouble raising your blocking bet with on the river. at the same time, hands like KQ might be convinced to call your river bet thinking you are on a missed club draw and because its laying him such good odds as your blocking bet is likely 1/2 pot or so.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, and there's not a damned thing wrong with my suggestion. If you disagree, let's hear it.

[/ QUOTE ]

well the others already told you why your suggestion was retarded. if i dont have time to type out a full response, i will abbreviate so people dont follow bad advice.

[ QUOTE ]

When this forum is good, it's amazing, when it's bad, it's a total waste of time and a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. perhaps you should sit back and read the good like many of us, and cease contributing to the bad. dont know why im even responding to this forum jabber.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:23 PM

I went through and looked at the last 10 posts of yours, and about 8 of them were just short comments with no content whatsoever. Most of those were totally inappropriate and disrespectful. Maybe you are smart enough to understand why you are a total jerk. I'm not sure. In any case:

[ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-26-2005, 07:31 PM

OKAY so here's what REALLY happened.

I was the villain in this hand, and the "hero" was INcinerate, pretty decent skilled TAG player. He doesn't have a read on me.

I had A9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and bet 340 on the river trying to sell a K high straight. He thought for 15 secs and then called at the end, and I felt like I had made a mistake. I have chatted with some people about this and they have suggested I raise the turn on a bluff, or just give up on the river, but I thought I could make him fold a Q (which is what I read him for). Too bad. Maybe 340 wasn't enough to bet, but some of you guys are saying call potsized river bets. I dont know what's with that, I don't think its good vs unknown (although I would rarely bet the pot on the river vs an opponent like this, although he does not know that). On the other hand, VanVeen, who's play I respect, says check fold, hmm. It's hard to say. Thanks for all of your comments. I do think INcinerate played the hand well though, and I arguably misplayed the turn.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:06 PM

And what is your response to a half pot bet from him on the river? What if you had KQ?
Old 09-26-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And what is your response to a half pot bet from him on the river? What if you had KQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably fold rather than bluffraise allin, but you never know. KQ I think has to be folded too vs this player, but against others I might sway towards calling.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably fold rather than bluffraise allin, but you never know. KQ I think has to be folded too vs this player, but against others I might sway towards calling.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. That is in keeping with my view that a blocking bet would be better here than checking and calling up to a pot bet. More likely to get the blocking bet called by a worse hand and less likely for us to hemmorhage money when we're behind.