Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Your downswings ever site specific?

Interesting you mention UB.

I have been absolutely killing the Party skins 1/2 6-max, and had previously been doing OK at UB at both 2/4 full and 1/2 6-max.

For a brief 2-3 hour period at UB 6-max over the last two days, I can't get a hand to stand up even with extra starch. The 6-max games over that brief period have been very aggressive to the point where I know I'm being pushed off winners. The problem is, I can't tell when. When that happens, when you're not making many good hands and when you lose the monsters, you lose big. I've had a -100BB stretch in the last 600-100 hands.

I cashed out out of frustration even though I have something close to $400 in uncleared bonus there. It may never get cleared.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There also seems to be a different culture at different sites were your game has to be adjusted to be able to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normal moves that have worked well at Party have not worked well at PokerStars for me.

A feeling of loss of table control, a string of suckouts and starting with a smaller bankroll from a new buy-in causes me to mini-tilt, then I end up altering my play and it causes a nasty wip-saw effect.

It tends to work itself out after booking a win and I get some confidence back.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:31 AM

I think I'm cashing out of there as well, down a couple hundred bucks and leaving $130+ in bonus money there. It tough to clear more than a couple bucks an hour in bonus, and it's simply not worth it to get my bankroll steamrolled like that. I've never experienced anything like it.

My hole cards there are so bad I can predict them. I'll get a Q first and then say to myself "2" and I'll get a duece. It's not hard when one of your hole cards is always a 2 or a 3.

Back to Stars it is. I was just trying to build a bankroll via bonuswhoring but UB put the kybosh on that plan.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:30 PM

When I was a new poker pro, I would say my first year, I had the same feelings. When I was not doing good on one site, I switch to another, and this seemed to always get me out of my rut. If it helps your confidence to switch sites this is a very good thing because playing with confidence will help you win at poker. Other than that, there is nothing different about the cards or players at different sites. Just focus on your game.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All of big wins have come from pokerroom, I've tried playing at some bigger sites for the bigger turnouts but I have failed to crack a final table

[/ QUOTE ]
Pokerroom is my "downswing" site as well. I tried clearing a couple bonuses there but when you are $250 down (and only up 80 points) chasing a $100 bonus it just tends to get to you a little. Especially when the majority of that $250 is from suckouts and terrible beats. I know online poker isnt rigged and neither is pokerroom but its enough psychologically that I probably wont go back.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's cuz online poker is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are your mom.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:34 PM

Poker room and me just do not get along, they are my downswing site I never go back to.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm cashing out of there as well, down a couple hundred bucks and leaving $130+ in bonus money there. It tough to clear more than a couple bucks an hour in bonus, and it's simply not worth it to get my bankroll steamrolled like that. I've never experienced anything like it.

My hole cards there are so bad I can predict them. I'll get a Q first and then say to myself "2" and I'll get a duece. It's not hard when one of your hole cards is always a 2 or a 3.

Back to Stars it is. I was just trying to build a bankroll via bonuswhoring but UB put the kybosh on that plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

From my last 500 hands at UB - 12 times T2o , 9 times 92o, 9 times Q4o, 7 times 73o, etc... Any AK, suited or not, ZERO times.

No straights, no flushes, no 3 of a kind. 1 losing full house. 1 losing AA. Shown down 5 winning hands TOTAL in those 500. Fun place!

Too bad they're only one of a few sites spreading bigger games, cause they sure deal some fugly cards with that whacky RNG. You wonder why they don't make hand history info easy to get?

Nigel
Old 07-21-2005, 03:58 PM

It seems like everytime I clear a Party or Empire bonus I hit a massive downswing.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:00 PM

I withdrew everything last week to neteller and then reloaded two accounts to $1000

3 days later they looked like this....

$1800
$30

Conclusion: Empire is rigged, Eurobet is not