Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Medium PP, two overcards, multiway pot, 3/6 short

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (13.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero ???

Do I have an easy raise here or is that chip-spewing? UTG is 60/16/0.7, MP is 47/12/1, button is 52/7/0.6.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Medium PP, two overcards, multiway pot, 3/6 short

4 handed I fold this.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:29 PM

way too many people in the pot...you've gotta fold here..this is party 3/6 which isn't much different than 1/2. Your raise isn't folding any kings and it probably isn't even folding jacks.

Wanted to throw this preflop question in too. Did you expect very many callers on the threebet? If you did, then I fold this preflop. If you thought you could isolate then i'm ok with the threebet. I'm generally looking to limp in late position with medium PP's after a couple of limpers, otherwise I dump them.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:35 PM

To win the button and perhaps to isolate the initial raiser. I've been playing this way in the 3/6 against most players but I may need to re-evaluate my game.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:35 PM

Im not a huge fan of the PF 3 bet.

That is a really crappy board for you on the flop, and there are 3 other people in the hand, MP doesnt have the stats of a total moron. I fold.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:49 PM

Seems like an easy fold to me, especially with UTG still in the hand and your aggression shown PF.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:52 PM

I'll open raise with them in late position on a semi-steal, or limp after a couple limpers. I'll also threebet with them IF I think it will isolate. If there is someone in the blind that never folds to a raise, then I re-evaluate that. I keep a % folded BB stat in my PV....very useful at times like this.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:24 PM

I also fold here. Slightly ahead or way behind.. If you saw button coldcalling a lot before, 3-betting PF is bad. Otherwise I think its ok but once the players call, you are in big trouble without hitting a set.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:39 PM

I honestly like the 3bet pf as it makes our flop call incredibly easy with a board like that. If the board comes low you're going to get a lot of value from these guys that are playing 47s or k2s and the likes when they spike their low card.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:45 PM

calling isn't even close. I think it's a clear fold. The money you'll be making from these players is when you hit your hand and get paid off. Their flaw is not folding too much, it's the opposite. For the same reason, I don't like the 3bet PF. I think you have the odds to cold-call this for set value (or for a low board). Your 3bet is going to buy minimal fold equity in this type of game.