Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Slowplaying trips...runs into trouble?

I can't get the converter working with UB histories and not sure if it is meant to or not, so this'll have to do...

Comments on each street would be helpful. i'll slowplay about 10% of the time this hand, and fastplay the rest. This was that 10% [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I didn't like that I waited too long to pull the trigger though, although I wanted to nail sammy on 6th. And is it automatic calldown 6th & 7th?

betw2outs is at seat 1 with $60.
charioteer is at seat 2 with $1.25.
HEBETS is at seat 3 with $42.
Tampa Blue is at seat 4 with $35.
Scotsman71 is at seat 5 with $148.
BootSauce is at seat 6 with $87.25.
sammyb2 is at seat 7 with $49.75.
The button is at seat 4.

betw2outs posts ante ($.25).
charioteer posts ante ($.25).
HEBETS posts ante ($.25).
Tampa Blue posts ante ($.25).
Scotsman71 posts ante ($.25).
BootSauce posts ante ($.25).
sammyb2 posts ante ($.25).

3rd street:

betw2outs: -- -- 3d
charioteer: -- -- Jd
HEBETS: -- -- 5h
Tampa Blue: -- -- 5c
Scotsman71: 7d 7h 7s
BootSauce: -- -- Kc
sammyb2: -- -- Jc

betw2outs brings in for $.50. charioteer folds.
HEBETS calls. Tampa Blue folds. Scotsman71 calls.
BootSauce folds. sammyb2 calls.

4th street:

betw2outs: -- -- 3d 3h
HEBETS: -- -- 5h Td
Scotsman71: 7d 7h 7s 8s
sammyb2: -- -- Jc 4d

betw2outs bets double for $2. HEBETS folds.
Scotsman71 calls. sammyb2 calls.

5th street:

betw2outs: -- -- 3d 3h As
Scotsman71: 7d 7h 7s 8s 8h
sammyb2: -- -- Jc 4d Kd

Scotsman71 checks. sammyb2 checks. betw2outs bets
$2. Scotsman71 calls. sammyb2 calls.

6th street:

betw2outs: -- -- 3d 3h As 3c
Scotsman71: 7d 7h 7s 8s 8h Qh
sammyb2: -- -- Jc 4d Kd Qc

betw2outs bets $2. Scotsman71 calls. sammyb2 calls.

7th street:

betw2outs: -- -- 3d 3h As 3c --
Scotsman71: 7d 7h 7s 8s 8h Qh Js
sammyb2: -- -- Jc 4d Kd Qc --

betw2outs bets $2. Scotsman71 calls. sammyb2 folds.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Slowplaying trips...runs into trouble?

Hi,

The converter should work, just make sure you copy every bit of the hand history into it. Also make sure you are using the latest version - the link is in my profile.

greenage
Old 04-30-2005, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

The converter should work, just make sure you copy every bit of the hand history into it. Also make sure you are using the latest version - the link is in my profile.

greenage

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks never posted in here before so wasnt sure if doing something wrong or not. Too late to edit orig post now but heres the hand

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.50 (hand converter)

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.50 (hand converter)

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings in
Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets double
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

River

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___folds
Old 04-30-2005, 08:07 PM

I usually play higher stud, but whether or not to slowplay trips depends on the game and your position. Sometimes by raising you get so much money inthere that nobody will fold. I will always complete the bet though, im not going to let people in for just the bring in.
As for your situation I don't see why you are not raising. I would be drooling to be in your situation. He has trip 3s showing, which probably means he has a smaller boat than you, and if he has you beat then god bless him, im giving him some money.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:09 PM

I just went back over the post, but how long were you planning on slowplaying. You didn't put in one raise with 7s full on. What were you afraid of?
Old 04-30-2005, 08:19 PM

I was planning on raising on 5th originally, but then I made the boat and decided to wait till 6th, to get Sammy hooked(as I'd seen him lay it down to two cold on 5th before, but not 6th)
Old 04-30-2005, 11:25 PM

Limping on third street is fine. Raising would be fine too. Calling on fourth is fine. I don't mind keeping J4 in at all. Raising would have been OK too.

On fifth I would absolutely bet out. Maybe you can trap J4K, maybe you can't. If 33A has a hand, you want to be able to extract the maximum from him. Checking and calling isn't going to accomplish that.

I can see going for the over-calls on sixth and seventh, but I would really prefer a raise on both streets. You could get excess action out of a full house, and maybe the third man will come along for the ride anyway. I definitely think you won the minimum on this one.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Limping on third street is fine. Raising would be fine too. Calling on fourth is fine. I don't mind keeping J4 in at all. Raising would have been OK too.

On fifth I would absolutely bet out. Maybe you can trap J4K, maybe you can't. If 33A has a hand, you want to be able to extract the maximum from him. Checking and calling isn't going to accomplish that.

I can see going for the over-calls on sixth and seventh, but I would really prefer a raise on both streets. You could get excess action out of a full house, and maybe the third man will come along for the ride anyway. I definitely think you won the minimum on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think fifth street was where it all went wrong. In hindsight I should've been jamming the pot. I'm still in the early stages of playing Stud btw, after studying Roy Wests book and 7CS4A, as well as reading this forum pretty much religiously, so still have lots to learn. I've only logged about 20k hands at the moment, although that's been in the last two weeks.

My only reasoning for 5th street was that the table was pretty tight, and I wanted to keep sammy in as long as possible, and by raising I'd get him out, while I'd probably get 6th st capped and have him along for his draw. However looking back at the hand, I see betting out would've been the best move, as it would've trapped him and kept him in.

6th street I wasn't going for overcalls. I had a good read that I was up against trip 3's on 4th, and so when he got the next 3 I was pretty certain it was quads, hence the call down.

Results in white:

<font color="white">

Showdown:

betw2outs shows 9c 5s 3s 3d 3h As 3c.
betw2outs has 3s 3d 3h As 3c: four threes.
Scotsman71 mucks cards.
(Scotsman71 has Js 7h 7d 7s 8s 8h Qh.)
</font>

Thanks very much for the response, I appreciate it.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:33 AM

1) He was the bring-in.

2) This was on-line.

Unless there's something you haven't told us, I don't see how the hell you can give him credit trips on third or quads on sixth.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:38 AM

The way this hand played out, you either lost the minimum or won the minimum.

I Bet out on 5th hoping to get raised. Seat 7 will get caught in middle and will probably call both bets since he has to pay them one at a time.

I will also raise 6th one time and then call down if reraised.