Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2004, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on the series \"TILT\"

[ QUOTE ]
Hate wrestling, but loved Playmakers...watching dude smoke crack during the game while the gay guy bought him more crack in the parking lot was QUALITY TV...probably watch Tilt for much of the same reason, to see what crazy crap they'll put forth. You already know it's not going to be accurate based on what real high-limit games and the lifestyle is like, but if you can look past that, maybe it'll be enjoyable....

[/ QUOTE ]

The best part was just about everything that happend in playmakers has happened over the past couple of years in the NFL (obvious not to 1 team though). The one the I am not sure about is having the quarterback deflower the owners daughter. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I expect the same out of tilt. Angle shooting left and right, cheating, stealing other peoples girlfriends, and ideally major effort to involve hot girls in skimpy clothing were ever possible. I predict strip poker will make an appearence before the end of the first season. It would be really cool/funny if they good get real pros to play themselves. The Mouth could get busted for drug dealing, phil H. could get delt a bad beat, and maybe someone could beat the crap out of Mathais after one of his yells.

And the game has to be NL. Limit doesn't have anywhere near the drama.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:40 PM

Pros make cameo appearances. Daniel N. and TJ Cloutier playing craps, I belive. Not sure. You can find it in his blog somewhere...
Old 12-22-2004, 08:42 PM

This whole post (which I'm replying to) makes me want to bash my head into a wall.

I'm almost sure that about 95% of what is in "Tilt" is bogus.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh...
that's the point.. the big games are all limit. Thus, the show is going for drama points, not reality.

[ QUOTE ]
It would be really cool/funny if they good get real pros to play themselves. The Mouth could get busted for drug dealing, phil H. could get delt a bad beat, and maybe someone could beat the crap out of Mathais after one of his yells.

[/ QUOTE ]

::finds the aforementioned wall::
Old 12-22-2004, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Willing Suspension of Disbelief

I for one am going to enjoy it for what it is, entertainment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Define entertainment.

From what I've seen, it looks less than entertaining.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:44 PM

That's my point. I'm afraid "TILT" is going for all creative points while flexing little credibility.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:54 PM

I am all for it, because you know what this means? MORE FISH!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 09:02 PM

More fish, maybe, but less support for poker in general. For instance, we in Colorado have a lot of work to do to get poker accepted by the general public so that we can change the laws and make a bet larger than 5 [censored] dollars.

There are enough fish as it is. Ever hear about how you can shear a sheep many times, but skin it only once? We need to be shearing right now and not kill our prize. Poker is exploding and getting ridiculous at a rate so fast that it's certain to be only a fad if it doesn't slow down a bit.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This whole post (which I'm replying to) makes me want to bash my head into a wall.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the high praise[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh...
that's the point.. the big games are all limit. Thus, the show is going for drama points, not reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reality is boring, thats why we have TV shows.[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] There are definitely some high limit nl games but the majority are not. I thought in the big game Pot Limit Omha was one of the regualar games. I also bet all the games are holdem. Poker is the backdrop to the story, not the story. I would argue that if the accuracy of the poker matters to the show, the show is in trouble . Just hope it is accurate enough not to ruin the suspension of disbelief.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:23 PM

Don't you realize how boring an accurate poker show would be to 99.9% percent of the public?

I like how Poppn phrased it. If you're going to watch it, you have to watch it for what it is, not nitpick at it's faults (and there will be many).
Old 12-22-2004, 09:39 PM

Move to California or Nevada. We have big limits!