Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 03:31 AM

Default Re: A Pokerbot has finally arrived.

For hand values you need things like overpair and toppair.

Right now, you have to use (betround==2 && islist4) in order to make the bot bet on the flop with a big pair (islist4 has AA, KK and QQ).

Otherwise the flop comes T62 offsuit and the bot checks KK in a 3 handed pot.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:13 AM

It still works at party.
Old 02-15-2004, 06:13 AM

Even if it does, you shouldn't use it or you risk getting your account closed and funds taken. . .
Old 02-15-2004, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It still works at party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. Last night, before the time you posted this, I tried to read winholdem's link:

[ QUOTE ]
everyone,

this explains some of the things that we have been discussing about winholdem.

http://www.winholdem.net/license_agreement.html

this should answer most if not all of the questions raised here about the product.

winholdem support.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing at Party at the time. Within seconds of opening that webpage, I got a pop up from Party that said I was running a bot that it did not allow and I had 2 minutes to turn it off.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:40 PM

Default Cheating - The bottom line

It's interesting that you guys are arguing that its cheating to see cards when you DO NOT have permission but it isn't when you do.

I hold the opposite opinion - If two players agree to share cards that is collusion and is cheating the other players at the table. On the other hand, if someone is dumb enough to share their cards accidentally (ie not protecting their hand) then using that information is not cheating.

DK
Old 02-15-2004, 11:50 PM

Default PartyPoker Gestapo!

PartyPoker has gone too far in trying to stop the WinHoldem bot. This just happened and I was able to duplicate it numerous times: I was NOT running the WinHoldem bot but I did have the WinHoldem webpage open in my browser. I logged into PartyPoker and this message popped up "You are currently running a PokerBot program that we do not allow to be run in conjuntion with our software. The poker software will be closed if you continue to run this program while trying to play." I was NOT "running" the bot! I was viewing the WinHoldem WEBPAGE in my browser. When I went to a different webpage or closed the browser all together, I was able to play on PartyPoker. But having their webpage open in my browser caused the popup to occur. So not only does PartyPoker not allow this bot to operate on their site, but now they wont let you play even if you just have the WinHoldem webpage open! This is completely unacceptable. Who are they, the Internet police? It's my computer, my browser, my Internet connection, my right to choose what I view in my browser. Has PartyPoker installed some kind of trojan of their own to scan my computer and track my Internet activities?
Old 02-16-2004, 12:36 AM

fleece,

sblind is supposed to be 1.
bblind is supposed to be 2.
and so on around the table ...
dealer is supposed to be 10.

the betposition, which is supposed to be the number of your position in the bet order will change as players after the dealer and before you fold.

i checked with development ... and they inform me that a recent code change has thrown this value off by 1 making the sblind 2, bblind 3 ...

they will have the fix for this released shortly ...

we apologize for the confusion.

the order of action precedence by the autoplayer is:
ALLIN,RAISE,CALL,CHECK,FOLD
(with raise being the same as bet of course)

The first formula to evaluate to true (provided that action is allowed) causes that action to occur.

fleece what labels are you referring to? the hand list tabs?

winholdem support
Old 02-16-2004, 12:49 AM

fleece,

at all times the symbol nopponentsplaying should evaluate to the total number of opponents that are still playing (i.e. not folded regardless of balance ... an allin opponent is still counted in the total)

as to your question about the number of players that have bet previous to you ... we are still looking for a good name to refer to that symbol ... we are open to suggestions.

the number one choice right now seems to be
nopponentsbetting ... which would count any calling opponent or any raising opponent
nopponentscalling ... would be just those that have called
nopponentsraising ... would be just thos that have raised
these numbers would change if the opponents subsequently fold.

nopponentsbetting = nopponentscalling+nopponentsraising

these are probably the names that development will go with unless a significant number of users prefer something else.

one of the things the developers seem pretty much settled on is the strict definition of player,opponent,friend

you the user count as 1 player and 1 friend and 0 opponent.
if you look in the wh status bar you should see friends 1/1 if you are playing solo (not teaming not sharing) ... which means 1 friend playing of 1 friend dealt. if you fold you should see it go to 0/1.

an opponent is any player that is not a friend.

again we are open to suggestions and wishes from everyone.

winholdem support.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:55 AM

Default Re: PartyPoker Gestapo!

[ QUOTE ]
I did have the WinHoldem webpage open in my browser. I logged into PartyPoker and this message popped up "You are currently running a PokerBot program that we do not allow to be run in conjuntion with our software. The poker software will be closed if you continue to run this program while trying to play." I was NOT "running" the bot! I was viewing the WinHoldem WEBPAGE in my browser.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what happened to me.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:59 AM

glen,

let us be perfectly clear here. if any opc's siezes funds based on a piece of software currently running on an end-users's computer, they are committing a crime.

winholdem has the ability to operate in pure analysis/coach only mode ... where the end-user is just simply looking at the calculation results that they presumably have orchestrated via the hand lists and formulas.

and there will be a basic edition winholdem offered that does not have an autoplayer or scraper ... just pure manual analsysis ... what recourse does this player have?

for that matter what about all of the other poker analysis products out there? do you want the opc's telling you what software you're allowed to operate on your own computer?

winholdem support.
Closed Thread