Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2005, 12:40 PM

Default HULA #2 (#3?) is over . . . What have we learned?

I'm not sure whether to post this in here or in Small Stakes HUSH, there should probably be a thread in both . . . curse this split! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

It took awhile to wrap up, but HULA 2 (or was it HULA 3?) is finally over. Thought it might be helpful to open up a discussion on what we all learned, from the novices to the veterans.

I'll start . . . as stupid as it seems, I learned it often pays to call on the flop with no pair no draw no overs. It allows you to possible set up a steal on the turn, to steal the pot with a river bet if your opponent checks thinking you called the flop with nothing, and in general allows you to see what his betting patterns are like on the bigger streets. Calling on a A93r flop with your J5o seems retarded, but as far as I can tell, against many players it's not that bad a move.

Or did I learn the wrong lesson? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (Obviously, in some cases you want to raise instead of call, or fold instead of call, but just calling and putting the question to your opponent about what action to take on the turn seems more profitable than it otherwise might be.)

Again, wrong lesson to learn? Is this more a raise/fold situation?