Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 07:35 AM

Default 30/60 turn decisions

Comments gratefully received, however scornfully expressed:
Party 30/60 10-handed

Hand 1

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in cut-off
All fold; I bet; button folds; SB 3bets; BB folds.
2 to the flop of J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]: Pot 8SBs

SB bets. I call.

Turn (5BBs) is a redsuit rag. SB bets. He is one of those tedious 19/12/2.5 fellows who infest the 30/60 game, and a bluff 3bet is not out of the question. Is it clear to raise and fold to a 3bet? If he calls and checks the river, take the free SD? If he calls and leads the river? How weak is a call down?

Hand 2

Here the range of hands is much more defined.

On button with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG bets. All fold, and I 3bet. Blinds fold and he calls.

2 to a flop (9SBs) of Txx rainbow. Check - bet - call.

Turn (5.5BBs) is another rag. He checks. This is a very common situation, of course. UTG seems respectable. I can fold to a CRaise, if I choose to bet, but I may thereby be surrendering 6 outs against a PP. I checked, intending to call a river bet (obviously) and to bet the river if checked to.
OK?
Old 05-19-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: 30/60 turn decisions

Fold hand 1 preflop, you have to raise him somewhere, and I think on the flop is best, since you think he could bluff 3-bet you, thenI would raise the flop and calldown if he 3-bets the flop...if I'm checkraised on the turn then I'd have to think about it.

Hand 2, I like often checking an unimproved AK on the turn here against a player who is very likely to c/r you and push you off your outs/possible best hand. So check, and call a bet if he does so on the river, but I don't really like betting the river if checked to. The only worse hands that will call are smaller aces, and any pair's calling you down, so you have to bluff value and little value.