Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Leak #2 Paired flops

I have difficulty on paired flops when I don't have the trips.

3/6 or 4/8 live with usual suspects as opponents.

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in HJ and the flop comes

8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

What should i be thinking if

1) I am bet into?

2) I am bet into and already called before it gets to me

3) I am checked to?

what should I be thinking when the turn is a rag and the above scenarios have played out?

My history is to be pretty aggressive and bet or raise flop and turn. I also bet or call on the river if I have position.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Leak #2 Paired flops

raise and call down a 3 bet. in general

why not just post an actual hand?
Old 12-01-2005, 12:03 PM

In a hand that was unraised preflop, I would be thinking that you probably have the best hand and need to protect it the best way you can. If someone plays back at you, you can then decide, based on how they play, how to procede (this may mean folding against certain players, but calling down against many).
Old 12-01-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise and call down a 3 bet. in general

why not just post an actual hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will post a couple of hands that I remebered. May not be exact but close enough.

4/8 live with usual suspects as opponents.

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in HJ 3 limpers to me, I call, 2 folds and the blinds come along. (6 players)

FLOP: (6 players) (6SB)
8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, Sb checks, EP bets, 1 fold last 1 call, HERO Raises. Blinds fold. EP calls, Other guy calls.

Turn (3 players)
J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

EP Bets, 1 call, Hero calls

Flop

EP bets, 1 call, Hero folds

2nd Hand.

3/6 live, No really tricky players at the table.

Hero is UTG +2 with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

1 call, 1 fold, Hero calls, another 2 calls, a couple folds and the blinds come along.

Flop (6 players) (6SB)
8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

3 checks, Hero bets, and 1 call behind, and the SB and BB call as well.

Turn (4 players)(5BB)
T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Check, Check, Hero Checks, Opponent Bets

Fold, Fold, Hero Folds
Old 12-01-2005, 02:43 PM

In "Holdem for Advanced Players" we are taught that having TP under Jacks is a position we must be careful. Most players will limp with PP under TT and many JJ,TT. We need to read our opponent. Is he the type to limp in EP with A4, 45, 46, 34 or junk with a 4? I would certainly bet/raise to clear the field. Resistance means someone has a pp, 4 or an 8 with a lower kicker (like 78, 89, 8T). If you get popped on the turn seriously consider a quick fold.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:53 PM

hand 1 is difficult; that one players between you and EP confuses things a lot. I'm assuming the river was rags. I think you can raise that turn and bet most rivers.

hand 2 is an easy turn bet. You have the best hand here at least 50% of the time. You can fold to a raise
Old 12-01-2005, 03:12 PM

Hand 1 I'd fold the turn. This could be a worse 8, but there are no draws and you need to beat both opponents here. I certainly wouldn't call the turn and fold the river - either fold the turn or call both.

Hand 2 I'd bet the turn and usually fold to a raise with no specific read.