Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 02:08 PM

Default VPIP - changes at diiferent limits? (ex sb as a factor)

This is a question for the experienced players who have climbed the 6 max tables from $1/$2 - $10-$20

Excluding the small blind as a factor, how did your vpip change and why?

Is it that you play tighter at lower limits as the games are more passive, people protect there blinds with trash out of pure stupidity, players call raises with marginal hands, etc, the Lags are stupid and 3 bet with stupid hands, basically alot more people playing poker for pure fun and no clue as to what they are doing, they dont play position etc etc ( i know you get morons/donks at all limits but more at the lower)

As you move up limit players are better, and become tighter therefore you can in some tight games play more hands, you can get better reads on players as they are more likely playing position etc they might be very good full ring players trying 6 max and not yet having adapted,

I have noticed some experienced players from the archives to present day appear to start out tight, 22-23 vpip but become slightly looser over time and in that time climbing limits, is this for reasons I stated above, or other game related reasons, or simply because they have become better players who can play more hands post flop?

Anyone have there stats from different limits over decent sample size?

Any good $10/$20 players how would you expect your vpip to change if you played $1/$2?

Is rake a factor? Higher % rake at the lower limits.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: VPIP - changes at diiferent limits? (ex sb as a factor)

any views at all?