Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 01:14 PM

Default good call this time but what about the long run

i closed game window in frustration before i thought to copy hand history but here is roughly what happend

HERO delt KK in seat 6
villain 1 raises to 2 (4xbb)
villain 2 calls 2
hero raises to 7
both call

flop Jh 9h 2c

villain 1 (original raiser) bets out 20, pot sized
vilain 2 calls
HERO raises all in 43 23 more to go
villain 1 calls with QQ
villain 2 calls with A5h

results: villain 2 dosent hit his flush but hits an A in order to keep my swing from hell running strong

what im wondering tho here is should i just fold to that 20 dollar bet on flop with villain 2 cold calling because i think im behind WAAAAY to often to be raising all in and i definatly cant just call. id think im behind to AA slow play often JJ 99 by villain1 and jj 99 22 even J9 by villain 2 thoughts?
Old 07-07-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: good call this time but what about the long run

I think this is very read dependent.

if villain 2 is willing to call reraises with any 2 suited, then your call becomes better.

also, did you have the Kh ? as that eliminates possibility of something like AKh if they were tighter players and perhaps narrow their hand range.

also, if you are going to be pot committed on a non ace flop, you should raise a bit more preflop.

decide how many streets you want to play when you decide your preflop raise amount.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:23 PM

if you had jj, 99 or 22 here, would you bet into an opponent who reraised preflop (pretty much defining his hand as AA, KK QQ)? in this situation, you pretty much know that your opponent is going to bet the flop, so almost all players (at these stakes at least) will attempt a check raise. for this reason i think that you can rule out these hands; all you should be worried about is AA for villian 1 in my opinion. villian 2 played this hand like a jackass...so i assume he played other hands like this as well? did you have a read on him being bad? if so then i don't think his call should concern you. you played it well and got unlucky.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:29 PM

no i have no reads whatsoever between opponents moving tablkes every 3 hands and me trying to reload after every bad beat before it deals me out its pretty hectic
Old 07-07-2005, 01:57 PM

rough beat but if that guy will call a $20 bet in between like that on a draw then buddy list him, you will definitely get your money back.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:12 PM

thats what i liek to tell myself, but i did that yesterday and buddy listed a guy and got an opportunity and he just sucked me out again for another 100, then i went back down to 50 nl but not im just off it completly possibly for good lol